    something that is compatible?, with aohell.
    I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.
    Anything else I could add?

    joev, Mar 28, 2005

  2. joev

    carson Guest

    "joev" <> wrote in message
    news:1112017119.73c1d552cbc04bb012490fd85ef5e806@teranews...
    > My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I downloaded

    for him.
    > I think that is a good thing but he don't see it thata way. I told him to

    yell
    > at aol but I don thin that will do any good either. I can't help him cause

    he is
    > 300 miles away, but was wondering if I should tell him to delete it and

    then get
    > something that is compatible?, with aohell.
    > I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.
    > Anything else I could add?

    seems to be a common problem
    try this
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.id=17542#M17542

    carson, Mar 28, 2005

  3. joev wrote:
    > My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I
    > downloaded for him. I think that is a good thing but he don't see it
    > thata way. I told him to yell at aol but I don thin that will do any
    > good either. I can't help him cause he is 300 miles away, but was
    > wondering if I should tell him to delete it and then get something
    > that is compatible?, with aohell.
    > I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.
    > Anything else I could add?

    I'm afraid there *IS* only one answer - ditch AOHELL and get a proper ISP.
    AOHELL overrides the default settings in ZA (and most other firewalls).
    Nothing is compatible with AOHELL (IME).

    "If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
    (AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
    sharp stick (AOHELL).

    If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
    then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick
    (AOHELL)."

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 28, 2005
  4. joev

    elaich Guest

    joev <> wrote in

    > My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I
    > downloaded for him.

    You do NOT have to use the AOL browser once you have connected. You can
    open up IE, Firefox, or any other browser, and use it.

    Allow the AOL browser out so it can connect home, and it shouldn't mess
    with any of the other ZA settings.

    elaich, Mar 28, 2005
  5. joev

    joev Guest

    On 28 Mar 2005 15:17:26 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    ~joev <> wrote in
    ~news:1112017119.73c1d552cbc04bb012490fd85ef5e806@teranews:
    ~
    ~> My bro said that he can't use aol with the free zone alarm I
    ~> downloaded for him.
    ~
    ~You do NOT have to use the AOL browser once you have connected. You can
    ~open up IE, Firefox, or any other browser, and use it.
    ~
    ~Allow the AOL browser out so it can connect home, and it shouldn't mess
    ~with any of the other ZA settings.

    His exact message from alhell.

    can't sign on to AOL now. Aol Pop up says:
    validatioin: not available in zone alarm.

    He has dsl, and xp. uses outlook express, and internet explorer 6. It is just
    when his wife wants to use the aol stuff that the message comes up. I was
    wondering if another fire wall might be better. I never used aol and I am just
    trying to help. FWIW.

    joev, Mar 28, 2005
  6. joev

    carson Guest

    > He has dsl, and xp. uses outlook express, and internet explorer 6. It is

    just
    > when his wife wants to use the aol stuff that the message comes up. I was
    > wondering if another fire wall might be better. I never used aol and I am

    just
    > trying to help. FWIW.

    I prefer zone alarm over all others
    If you wanted another to try
    the freeware tiny personal firewall
    is very good
    Kerio firewall is made by the same people
    http://www.freeware-guide.com/dir/util/firewall.html

    carson, Mar 28, 2005
  7. joev

    Plato Guest

    joev wrote:

    > I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.

    Well, they do seem to keep digging themselves deeper into the hole.
    Thing is they always seem to pull a rabit out of their hat and keep on
    trucking.

    Plato, Mar 29, 2005
  8. Plato wrote:

    > joev wrote:

    >> I hate aol. I think it would be nice if they would cease to exist.

    > Well, they do seem to keep digging themselves deeper into the hole.
    > Thing is they always seem to pull a rabit out of their hat and keep on
    > trucking.

    More metaphors, please! :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 29, 2005