    you cancel within 30 days, you will not be charged a cent!

    3) Refer a few friends to do the same

    4) Wait for November 15 for your XBox 360 to arrive!!!

    Bob, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Bob

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Sep 5, 2005

  3. --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
    ? "Bob" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:...
    > This is just like the Ipod deal where thousands of people (including
    > myself) got free brand new ipods
    >
    > Here's how.....
    >
    > 1) Go to http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=21997525 and sign up
    >
    > http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=21997525

    I would never sign up to an unknown site, just because some ass called Bob
    suggests it.
    > 2) Sign up for efax under their "Complete Offers" section. As long as
    > you cancel within 30 days, you will not be charged a cent!

    And if I *don't* cancel, I will be charged how much?

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Bob, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Bob

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 5 Sep 2005 15:41:09 -0700, "Bob" <> wrote:

    >If you don't cancel, it's 9.99 a month I believe. But you can just
    >cancel after 2-3 days once the offer is verified. I really don't know
    >why so many people are still skeptical about this. There have been
    >various news stories on this group. See below....
    >
    >http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050822/cgm012.html?.v=18
    >http://www.dailyillini.com/media/pa.../News/Free-Ipod.Offer.Legitimate-823423.shtml
    >http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050627/cgm011.html?.v=12

    The reason most don't like this sort of marketing is because it
    imposes on friendships.
    I will not ask my friends to sign up for a bunch of "offers" so I can
    get something free, knowing that some of them will lose money on it.
    And, knowing that their names and other information will be sent to
    marketing companies with the notation, "Here's a live one!"
    If I wanted an Xbox (which I don't) I'd buy it.
    This is assuming that there are actually "thousands" of people for
    whom this has worked.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Sep 6, 2005
  6. "Bob" <> writes:
    >If you don't cancel, it's 9.99 a month I believe. But you can just
    >cancel after 2-3 days once the offer is verified. I really don't know
    >why so many people are still skeptical about this. There have been
    >various news stories on this group. See below....

    Because it's another stupid pyramid scheme. Just look at the math: you
    have to sign up 10 new people for every 1 who gets an Xbox. This means
    that *at most* 1/11 of the people currently registered will have
    received anything. Since there is a finite number of sufficiently-
    gullible people in the universe, the pyramid will eventually collapse
    as all of them do. When that happens, *at most* 1/11 of the total
    number of people who signed up will have received anything, while *at
    least* 10/11 will get nothing.

    This assumes that the people running the scheme are honest, and that you
    don't care about getting on marketing lists. At the very best, most
    people will still get nothing.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Sep 6, 2005
  7. Bob

    Kevin Guest

    Bill Funk <> wrote:
    > The reason most don't like this sort of marketing is because it
    > imposes on friendships.

    This, by the way, is the same reason people immediately get onto my "not such
    a good friend" books the moment they call me and ask vaguely if I'd be
    interested in discussing a "business opportunity" with them.

    "Is it Amway?", I ask.

    "Well, uh... er.... it's a company called <x> which is a division of
    Amway, er... yes..."

    *click*

    Kevin, Sep 6, 2005