    I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would
    be a shame if the service were to sink without trace.

    Anyone have an idea?

    cybuerke, Apr 14, 2008

  2. cybuerke

    TheFug Guest

    cybuerke schreef:
    > The current site seems to be occupied by the Jeff Pulver Circus, and
    > although a link is there, it seems to bring up a cached version of the
    > fwd home page with busted links to their services.
    >
    > I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would
    > be a shame if the service were to sink without trace.
    >
    > Anyone have an idea?

    busted ? out of money ? overloaded ?

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )

    TheFug, Apr 14, 2008

  3. cybuerke

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    cybuerke <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    :
    : I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would
    : be a shame if the service were to sink without trace.
    :
    : Anyone have an idea?

    No idea about the website, never use it, but the service works well
    enough. I use it to terminate my IPKall numbers, had an hour-long chat
    with a friend in Arizona last night with excellent call quality.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 14, 2008
  4. cybuerke

    Graham. Guest

    "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    > The current site seems to be occupied by the Jeff Pulver Circus, and
    > although a link is there, it seems to bring up a cached version of the
    > fwd home page with busted links to their services.
    >
    > I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would
    > be a shame if the service were to sink without trace.
    >
    > Anyone have an idea?

    Not sure what you mean by a circus, but the site certainly very poorly.
    Do you think it's true that Pulver invented VoIP, as he seems to claim?

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 14, 2008
  5. cybuerke

    Guest

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:34:10 +0100, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >"cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    >> The current site seems to be occupied by the Jeff Pulver Circus, and
    >> although a link is there, it seems to bring up a cached version of the
    >> fwd home page with busted links to their services.
    >>
    >> I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would
    >> be a shame if the service were to sink without trace.
    >>
    >> Anyone have an idea?

    >Not sure what you mean by a circus, but the site certainly very poorly.
    >Do you think it's true that Pulver invented VoIP, as he seems to claim?

    Like most voip providers service from fwd was crap there is ony one
    worth entertaining now in the uk and that is voiphone.co.uk, only
    problem it is not free and some people here seem to think that if they
    can't have a service for free they do not want to know .

    , Apr 15, 2008
  6. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    >> The current site seems to be occupied by the Jeff Pulver Circus, and
    >> although a link is there, it seems to bring up a cached version of the
    >> fwd home page with busted links to their services.
    >>
    >> I know there hasn't been much happening with fwd lately, but it would
    >> be a shame if the service were to sink without trace.
    >>
    >> Anyone have an idea?

    > Not sure what you mean by a circus, but the site certainly very poorly.

    Circus in the sense of spectacle, albeit a one man, negative dog affair.

    > Do you think it's true that Pulver invented VoIP, as he seems to claim?

    No doubting that he's been extremely influential in the promotion of VoIP at
    no inconsiderable cost to himself. His recent appeal for members to divvi
    up a little of their own cash to help with further development has likely
    fallen on deaf ears though, so he's probably in a 'stuff 'em all then' mood.
    Not being much of a philanthropist myself, that would perhaps be my
    attitude.

    cybuerke, Apr 16, 2008