    use on your computer so I thought I would pass it on. It works on XP, Vista
    x86 and Vista x64. Seems like it could come in handy some day.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html
    Ken Triebold, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Ken Triebold

    Smirnoff Guest

    "Ken Triebold" <> wrote in message
    news:#...
    > I came across this freeware that will find the WEP and WPA keys that
    > are in use on your computer so I thought I would pass it on. It works
    > on XP, Vista x86 and Vista x64. Seems like it could come in handy some
    > day.
    >
    > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

    Tried out this utility as I have been fiddling about trying to set up
    WPA2 and have used a few 63 alpha-numeric keys.

    Anyway, finally got it up and running.

    Wireless Key View showed two old keys for my BT Home Hub. neither was my
    current key so I deleted them.

    I then lost my wireless connection and was asked to enter my key again,
    this I did.
    Connected OK again.

    Went back into Wireless Key View and it lists a key that is nothing like
    the key I entered.

    Also, each time I open and close WKV a Microsoft Office file (which I
    cant open) mysteriously appears.

    It seemed like a good idea but I have now deleted the program.

    Thanks anyway.
    Smirnoff, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Ken Triebold

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 13, 10:50 am, "Ken Triebold" <> wrote:
    > I came across this freeware that will find the WEP and WPA keys that are in
    > use on your computer so I thought I would pass it on. It works on XP, Vista
    > x86 and Vista x64. Seems like it could come in handy some day.
    >
    > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

    I have successfully used this utility for sime time now.
    smlunatick, Mar 14, 2008