    problems at all and could easily surf the net and check emails. I commented
    about it to them and they seemed to be very uninterested.

    This is in Glenfield btw

    Rupert, May 14, 2004

  2. Rupert wrote:
    > This is in Glenfield btw

    Glenfield aye... might send some friends around to see how fast their
    connection is.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 14, 2004

  3. Rupert wrote:
    > Well was up in my local Dick Smiths just now, seems that their wireless
    > network is open so pretty much anyone can connect. My pocket pc had no
    > problems at all and could easily surf the net and check emails. I commented
    > about it to them and they seemed to be very uninterested.
    >
    > This is in Glenfield btw

    Ray White on filleul St in Dunedin is the same... full speed DSL, and
    wide open... they, and their computer company that does there work was
    told about it 2 months ago, and has done nothing to fix it.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 14, 2004
  4. Rupert

    Chris Hope Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Rupert wrote:
    >> Well was up in my local Dick Smiths just now, seems that their wireless
    >> network is open so pretty much anyone can connect. My pocket pc had no
    >> problems at all and could easily surf the net and check emails. I
    >> commented about it to them and they seemed to be very uninterested.
    >>
    >> This is in Glenfield btw

    > Ray White on filleul St in Dunedin is the same... full speed DSL, and
    > wide open... they, and their computer company that does there work was
    > told about it 2 months ago, and has done nothing to fix it.

    Phew, that could get expensive for them if enough people find out about it
    and start leeching bandwidth from them...

    Chris Hope, May 14, 2004
  5. Chris Hope wrote:
    >>Ray White on filleul St in Dunedin is the same... full speed DSL, and
    >>wide open... they, and their computer company that does there work was
    >>told about it 2 months ago, and has done nothing to fix it.

    > Phew, that could get expensive for them if enough people find out about it
    > and start leeching bandwidth from them...

    Thats why I told them, and we werent even looking for it, we were
    investigating another one for a mate that we have since tied down.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 14, 2004
  6. Rupert

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:34:24 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Chris Hope wrote:
    >>>Ray White on filleul St in Dunedin is the same... full speed DSL, and
    >>>wide open... they, and their computer company that does there work was
    >>>told about it 2 months ago, and has done nothing to fix it.

    >> Phew, that could get expensive for them if enough people find out about it
    >> and start leeching bandwidth from them...

    >Thats why I told them, and we werent even looking for it, we were
    >investigating another one for a mate that we have since tied down.

    It's not really a big deal. Unless you have a dozen people all
    leaching bandwidth at the same time. The big deal is ensuring that the
    surfers can't get into the corporate network.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, May 14, 2004
  7. "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:34:24 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Phew, that could get expensive for them if enough people find out about
    >>> it
    >>> and start leeching bandwidth from them...

    >>Thats why I told them, and we werent even looking for it, we were
    >>investigating another one for a mate that we have since tied down.
    >>

    > It's not really a big deal. Unless you have a dozen people all
    > leaching bandwidth at the same time. The big deal is ensuring that the
    > surfers can't get into the corporate network.

    Not a big deal?
    20c/Mb=$204/Gb

    Nathan Mercer, May 15, 2004
  8. Rupert

    Tony Guest

    > > It's not really a big deal. Unless you have a dozen people all
    > > leaching bandwidth at the same time. The big deal is ensuring that the
    > > surfers can't get into the corporate network.

    > Not a big deal?
    > 20c/Mb=$204/Gb

    Hmm -

    I hope they fix it before I bit-flip the new fedora release :)

    [root@ftp iso]# ls -lah
    total 8.2G
    drwxr-x--- 2 263 263 4.0K May 15 06:35 .
    drwxr-x--- 5 263 263 4.0K May 14 23:33 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 637M May 13 21:41 FC2-i386-disc1.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 635M May 13 21:43 FC2-i386-disc2.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 639M May 13 21:45 FC2-i386-disc3.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 195M May 13 21:46 FC2-i386-disc4.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 4.1G May 13 22:02 FC2-i386-DVD.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 76M May 13 21:38 FC2-i386-rescuecd.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 498M May 13 21:48 FC2-i386-SRPMS-disc1.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 498M May 13 21:49 FC2-i386-SRPMS-disc2.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 498M May 13 21:51 FC2-i386-SRPMS-disc3.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 498M May 13 21:52 FC2-i386-SRPMS-disc4.iso
    -rw-r--r-- 1 263 263 791 May 14 07:25 MD5SUM
    [root@ftp iso]#

    Tony, May 17, 2004