    What do I need to do, to, say use Goggle in such a hotspot?
    Thanks
    Frenchy

    Frenchy, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Frenchy

    Dave Guest

    if it is truly open and free try releasing and renewing your ip address...
    assuming you are set up to use dhcp. it probably just needs to get a valid
    ip address for the providers network. if that doesn't do it try asking
    someone at the airport if there is a help desk, hopefully if they really
    want people to use it they will have someone who can help you get started.

    "Frenchy" <> wrote in message
    > Have a Toshiba Portege and WiFi connection that never gets used. Notice
    > many airports (in Australia) have free hotspots for Wireless connection.
    >
    > Have switched my notebook WiFi on and it shows a good high-speed

    connection,

    Dave, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Frenchy

    Frenchy Guest

    Ummm, what's "set up to use dhcp" mean?

    I normally connect via dial-up while travelling or Broadband via a
    router/ADSL modem while in the office. That all works perfectly.

    Appreciate your help!

    Frenchy

    Frenchy, Jul 24, 2004
  4. Frenchy

    Dave Guest

    use dhcp means you set up the tcp/ip to obtain an ip address automatically.

    Dave, Jul 24, 2004