    Could anyone recommend a free Web Mail server I could run on a Windows XP
    Pro Box. No POP3 needed. I have googled and found a few but rather than
    install each one in turn to try it out I was wondering if anyone could help.

    Peter, Feb 18, 2006

  2. Peter

    Tony Guest

    "Peter" <no.spam@please> wrote in message
    news:43f78f0e$0$9239$...
    > Could anyone recommend a free Web Mail server I could run on a Windows XP
    > Pro Box. No POP3 needed. I have googled and found a few but rather than
    > install each one in turn to try it out I was wondering if anyone could
    > help.

    Depends on how many users. 602Pro Lansuite is quite good but only free for
    up to 5 users. http://www.software602.com/download/ .

    What other ones have you found? I've tried quite a few in the past.

    One I can recall is the Mercury Mail server but had a problem with it losing
    messages - if it wasn't connected to the internet when a message was sent,
    sometimes it didn't store them for when the internet was connected. Maybe
    better now - it was about 6 years ago I tried it.

    Tony, Feb 18, 2006

  3. Peter

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:18:17 -0000, Peter wrote:

    >Could anyone recommend a free Web Mail server I could run on a Windows XP
    >Pro Box. No POP3 needed. I have googled and found a few but rather than
    >install each one in turn to try it out I was wondering if anyone could help.

    So but not naming the few, and getting opinions on them it's a free for
    all.

    Try the ng alt.comp.freeware

    Me

    why?, Feb 18, 2006