    at a time, including internal calls.

    Does anyone know of any other FREE VoIP PBX Hosting Providers? Please
    submit all that you know of.
    Bryan, Mar 16, 2007

  2. Bryan

    Lurch Guest

    On 16 Mar 2007 15:12:04 -0700, "Bryan" <> mused:

    >Hello Everyone:
    >
    >I have been looking around for a FREE VoIP PBX Hosting provider for a
    >while. I have found pbxes.com and easypabx.com but easypabx.com has
    >stopped offering FREE hosting and pbxes.com restricts to only 2 calls
    >at a time, including internal calls.
    >
    >Does anyone know of any other FREE VoIP PBX Hosting Providers? Please
    >submit all that you know of.

    I'm assuming that you want a non-limited in any way free service.

    Just as a matter of interest then, why do you feel you need a fully
    functioning PBX but don't feel you need to pay for ay of it
    whatsoever?
    --
    Regards,
    Stuart.
    Lurch, Mar 17, 2007

  3. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
    then that is fine too.

    I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
    are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
    ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
    All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
    students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
    really paid, we need some sort of free service.

    Thanks

    Bryan, Mar 17, 2007
  4. Bryan

    alexd Guest

    Bryan wrote:

    > I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
    > then that is fine too.
    >
    > I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
    > are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
    > ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
    > All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
    > students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
    > really paid, we need some sort of free service.

    If you're any good with computers, have a go at setting up Asterisk.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    19:32:07 up 22 days, 23:45, 2 users, load average: 0.37, 0.32, 0.69
    alexd, Mar 17, 2007
  5. In article <>, alexd <> wrote:
    >Bryan wrote:
    >
    >> I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
    >> then that is fine too.
    >>
    >> I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
    >> are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
    >> ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
    >> All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
    >> students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
    >> really paid, we need some sort of free service.

    >If you're any good with computers, have a go at setting up Asterisk.

    Seconded.

    However, how are you going to make sure that the people trying to
    contact you can actually contact you? How are they going to do it? Are
    they going to pick up a phone and call a number? What number? What is
    their phone connected to? (PSTN or tinternet?) Will you expect
    (give/force?) them into using an IP phone of some sorts?

    If you're going to suggest to them that they use a soft-phone, then you
    might as well use Skype.

    If you expect them to call a number from a real phone then you'll need
    some sort of PSTN -> VoIP inbound service... Such as Sipgate, etc.

    You can do this with asterisk, but you'll need a place to run the actual
    server and Internet connectivity - An ADSL line will suffice if it's
    not used for much else and has a static IP address. Look at trixbox -
    www.trixbox.org that might get you started.

    Good luck...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Mar 17, 2007
  6. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    I have a PSTN to VoIP phone number from VoiceStick. And I would have
    a astrisk server, but we use DSL Internet and it can't really handle
    holding the astrisk server + the calls + our normal internet
    usage...thats why but using a Hosted VoIP PBX we could use the phones
    at home and not slow down the whole connection.

    Thanks
    Bryan, Mar 17, 2007
  7. In article <>,
    Bryan <> wrote:
    >I have a PSTN to VoIP phone number from VoiceStick. And I would have
    >a astrisk server, but we use DSL Internet and it can't really handle
    >holding the astrisk server + the calls + our normal internet
    >usage...thats why but using a Hosted VoIP PBX we could use the phones
    >at home and not slow down the whole connection.

    If you think your current ADSL system won't support an asterisk server
    on the inside then how do you expect to make outgoing calls over it from
    internal IP phones to an externally hosted asterisk server (which then
    presumably talks to VoiceStick for you)

    And what are you doing that would render it unable to handle a call or
    2? (other than running limewire, bittorrent, etc?) An ADSL-MAX line from
    a decent ISP with a good router which can handle QoS will support up to 5
    calls at the same time. (There are other issues which you can't control,
    but I've done this many times with a lot of success). If you move to a
    compressed codec then the number of calls increases.

    What do you actually expect to gain from this all? I'm imagining a
    single server to let your group talk to each other, then to connect to
    VoiceStick to let you make/take external calls? Is this what you're after?

    So why don't you just get more PSTN to VoIP numbers from VoiceStick,
    and give one to every member of your team? No need for asterisk
    then. Presumably you can call each other "internally" via the VoiceStick
    system, then pay as you go for calling PSTN numbers... ?

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Mar 18, 2007
  8. Bryan

    Brian A Guest

    On 17 Mar 2007 08:08:24 -0700, "Bryan" <> wrote:

    >I would like a non-limited service but if there is a limited service,
    >then that is fine too.
    >
    >I need a PBX for my computer company. 95% of the companys services
    >are provided FREE to local and regional non-profit groups, schools,
    >ect. and we need a way to contact them and for them to contact us.
    >All of the staff the company I work for (about 10 of us) are current
    >students who spend time to provide these services. Since we are not
    >really paid, we need some sort of free service.

    I am wondering why you need a PBX for all this.
    Are your clients using standard landlines or do you intend that they
    all all on voip?
    If the latter then they will each need an ATA or a softphone such as
    x-lite - either would do.
    But, why a PBX.? You can all sign up for a free account with the same
    voip provider. Then distribute all the SIP numbers to everyone and
    everyone can call everyone else for free. If you need conference calls
    then there are free ones available that people can dial into.
    If this is the direction you intend to go then please come back with
    any queries.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 18, 2007
  9. Bryan

    dmitri Guest

    Have a look at voxalot.com. It's free and it allows you to have asterisk-
    flexible dial plan with multiple SIP accounts on a most primitive ATA.
    Shame on Betamax - they blocked voxalot last week though it should be OK
    with decent providers.

    I agree with other replies that you could make it more clear for yourself
    on what you want to achive and how.

    dmitri, Mar 19, 2007