  1. Carver Lee

    Carver Lee Guest

    now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone using?

    Carver Lee, Mar 26, 2005

  2. Carver Lee

    JANA Guest

    Are you saying that AVG no longer has a free one???

    I will have to check this out...

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 26, 2005

  3. Carver Lee

    old john Guest

    how about free avg 7 from grisoft..google it good luck
    ...J

    old john, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Carver Lee

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, Mar 26, 2005
  5. Carver Lee

    Carver Lee Guest

    Carver Lee, Mar 26, 2005
  6. Carver Lee

    Ingeborg Guest

    AntiVir <http://www.free-av.com>

    Ingeborg, Mar 26, 2005
  7. Carver Lee

    philo Guest

    Carver Lee wrote:
    > now that AVG no longer supports has a free version what is everyone using?

    avg 7 is free

    some people say avast is a good, free virus checker

    philo, Mar 26, 2005
  8. Carver Lee

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:03:18 GMT, "Carver Lee" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg free
    >>
    >> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
    >>
    >> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
    >>

    >But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

    I guess that priority update for my AVG7 free that I recieved 20
    minutes ago was a figment of my imagination. Why don't you just
    download AVG7 free, install it and then see if it updates rather than
    believing any old rubbish someone may have told you?

    cluedweasel, Mar 26, 2005
  9. Carver Lee

    trout Guest

    trout, Mar 26, 2005
  10. Carver Lee

    Carver Lee Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Carver Lee wrote:
    >
    > > "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg free
    > >>
    > >> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
    > >>
    > >> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
    > >>

    > > But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

    > What made you think *that*?
    > --
    > You perhaps heard that about previous program versions.

    Heard it through the grapevine.. apparently I was wrong.

    appreciate it guys.

    Carver Lee, Mar 26, 2005
  11. Carver Lee

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Mar 26, 2005
  12. Carver Lee

    trout Guest

    Carver Lee wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Carver Lee wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message

    >>> But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

    >> What made you think *that*?
    >> --
    >> You perhaps heard that about previous program versions.

    > Heard it through the grapevine.. apparently I was wrong.
    >
    > appreciate it guys.

    That being said.... AVG isn't a *great* program. It's a good idea to
    have a back-up, 'on demand', program (I use Avast for this).
    You just don't want two running 'resident' in the background.
    --
    Can you be *too* safe?

    trout, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Carver Lee

    Plato Guest

    trout wrote:

    > That being said.... AVG isn't a *great* program. It's a good idea to
    > have a back-up, 'on demand', program (I use Avast for this).
    > You just don't want two running 'resident' in the background.

    Agreed on both points. Of course, there are pay for anti-virus programs
    that perform the same or worse than AVG.

    Plato, Mar 26, 2005
  14. Carver Lee

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Carver Lee" wrote in message

    >> Top link returned will lead you to the AVG 7 Free download page...
    >> http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

    > But they don't update the virus definitions anymore do they?

    They don't do virus updates for the previous version of AVG any more, i.e.
    the one that AVG Free v7 replaced, but they do updates for v7.

    Dave Lear, Mar 27, 2005