Free Version Windows Panda Anti-Virus Pro 1.3

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Keith, Oct 28, 2010.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Keith, Oct 28, 2010

  2. Keith <> via
    news:281020100744019463%:

    > This is via cnet.com web site, no strings attached.
    >
    > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20021017-58.html?tag=cnetRiver>

    I used it once upon a time... Two (2) things :

    1) You have *very little* control over settings; when it updates;
    when and what it scans; and frequently it will simply steal focus
    and compete for the focus whilst you're trying to save and exit
    current tasks in order to allow it to proceed...

    2) When you do finally decide you've had enough of this domination,
    gather the determination, alternative software, and make the time
    to uninstall this non-communicative tyrant of a protection software,
    it will genuinely screw-the-dookies out of a Windows XP Pro system!

    I finally overcame the deficiencies, remnants and system malfunctions
    by running courses of CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW... of course, if you'd
    installed Windows XP with a Windows XP install disk, and you've
    progressively updated to Windows XP-SP3, you'll need a Windows XP-SP3
    install disk to successfully accomplish this. You can borrow one,
    or use a Pirate's disk, if you know it to be safe, because it doesn't
    care about keys and registrations, only the correct system files...

    Panda Cloud, BitDefender and Windows Defender all seem to have these
    characteristics in common; to wit, a recklessly indifferent integration
    into the Windows operating system, very few user options to modify how
    it behaves once it's integrated and a wanton disregard of the results
    to your system for the uninstallation of their product.

    On the bright side... at least they're *FREE*. ("Free tech support"
    is a term they now use for "You're a beta dummy" and they're released
    from any liability or responsibility until they get the kinks worked
    out enough to charge a yearly subscription for it.)

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    white ladies who wanna have some Bucky before the balloon goes up.)

    (And some condoms... because I don't want to be the first person who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at child support.)
    Bucky Breeder, Oct 28, 2010

  3. "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote in message
    > Keith <> via
    >
    >> This is via cnet.com web site, no strings attached.
    >>
    >> <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20021017-58.html?tag=cnetRiver>

    > I used it once upon a time... Two (2) things :
    >
    > 1) You have *very little* control over settings; when it updates;
    > when and what it scans; and frequently it will simply steal focus
    > and compete for the focus whilst you're trying to save and exit
    > current tasks in order to allow it to proceed...
    >
    > 2) When you do finally decide you've had enough of this domination,
    > gather the determination, alternative software, and make the time
    > to uninstall this non-communicative tyrant of a protection software,
    > it will genuinely screw-the-dookies out of a Windows XP Pro system!
    >
    > I finally overcame the deficiencies, remnants and system malfunctions
    > by running courses of CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW... of course, if you'd
    > installed Windows XP with a Windows XP install disk, and you've
    > progressively updated to Windows XP-SP3, you'll need a Windows XP-SP3
    > install disk to successfully accomplish this. You can borrow one,
    > or use a Pirate's disk, if you know it to be safe, because it doesn't
    > care about keys and registrations, only the correct system files...
    >
    > Panda Cloud, BitDefender and Windows Defender all seem to have these
    > characteristics in common; to wit, a recklessly indifferent integration
    > into the Windows operating system, very few user options to modify how
    > it behaves once it's integrated and a wanton disregard of the results
    > to your system for the uninstallation of their product.
    >
    > On the bright side... at least they're *FREE*. ("Free tech support"
    > is a term they now use for "You're a beta dummy" and they're released
    > from any liability or responsibility until they get the kinks worked
    > out enough to charge a yearly subscription for it.)
    >
    > HTH.
    >
    > --
    >
    > I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    > that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2g76h4c [http://www.timesonline.co.uk]
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/396ljz4 [for those who need illustrations]
    >
    > Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.
    >
    > (Me? I don't go anywhere without a shotgun and package of beef jerky!)
    >
    > (And some breath-freshening gum... just in case I run into any pretty
    > white ladies who wanna have some Bucky before the balloon goes up.)
    >
    > (And some condoms... because I don't want to be the first person who
    > survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at child support.)

    seems like having an actual virus is less trouble!
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Oct 30, 2010
  4. Zu Arsschlaark! <>
    via news:kZLyo.3390$2:

    > "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in message news:Xns9E1F692DF1D8BBuckyGram@207.246.207.190...
    >
    >> Keith <> via
    >>
    >>> This is via cnet.com web site, no strings attached.
    >>>
    >>> <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20021017-58.html?tag=cnetRiver>

    >> I used it once upon a time... Two (2) things :
    >>
    >> 1) You have *very little* control over settings; when it updates;
    >> when and what it scans; and frequently it will simply steal focus
    >> and compete for the focus whilst you're trying to save and exit
    >> current tasks in order to allow it to proceed...
    >>
    >> 2) When you do finally decide you've had enough of this domination,
    >> gather the determination, alternative software, and make the time
    >> to uninstall this non-communicative tyrant of a protection software,
    >> it will genuinely screw-the-dookies out of a Windows XP Pro system!
    >>
    >> I finally overcame the deficiencies, remnants and system malfunctions
    >> by running courses of CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW... of course, if you'd
    >> installed Windows XP with a Windows XP install disk, and you've
    >> progressively updated to Windows XP-SP3, you'll need a Windows XP-SP3
    >> install disk to successfully accomplish this. You can borrow one,
    >> or use a Pirate's disk, if you know it to be safe, because it doesn't
    >> care about keys and registrations, only the correct system files...
    >>
    >> Panda Cloud, BitDefender and Windows Defender all seem to have these
    >> characteristics in common; to wit, a recklessly indifferent integration
    >> into the Windows operating system, very few user options to modify how
    >> it behaves once it's integrated and a wanton disregard of the results
    >> to your system for the uninstallation of their product.
    >>
    >> On the bright side... at least they're *FREE*. ("Free tech support"
    >> is a term they now use for "You're a beta dummy" and they're released
    >> from any liability or responsibility until they get the kinks worked
    >> out enough to charge a yearly subscription for it.)
    >>
    >> HTH.

    > seems like having an actual virus is less trouble!

    Seems to me a virus is the only thing that is more trouble.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and EVERYBODY knows
    that the "U" in "UFO" stands for "WTF"!

    Repent! The end is near... Or, good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
    Bucky Breeder, Oct 30, 2010