    I have Notepad and Wordpad on my computer, but I need a program that will
    allow me to do a table with columns. Is there one that is free for
    download?

    Angie, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Angie

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <IqFgg.2807$>, Angie
    <> writes

    http://www.openoffice.org/
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Jun 4, 2006

  3. Angie

    Jay Robert Guest

    Angie wrote:
    > I have Notepad and Wordpad on my computer, but I need a program that will
    > allow me to do a table with columns. Is there one that is free for
    > download?

    OpenOffice Writer in the OpenOffice 2.0 suite has extensive
    table-handling capabilities and is a good free substitute
    for Microsoft Word (and the suite for Office).

    You can download it from OpenOffice.org

    --Jay

    Jay Robert, Jun 4, 2006
  4. Angie

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Angie wrote:
    > I have Notepad and Wordpad on my computer, but I need a program that will
    > allow me to do a table with columns. Is there one that is free for
    > download?

    openoffice

    Sjouke Burry, Jun 5, 2006
  5. Angie

    JDL Guest

    Open Office also includes a spreadsheet program, database, drawing, Power
    point like program and a word processor. Better than dropping $400 or so
    in Bill Gates' coffers for Microsoft Office. OpenOffice uses a bit more
    RAM/CPU time but still runs great. I can't tell the difference bewtween it
    and MS Office in CPU time. I think that's only a consideration if running
    an older PC.

    JDL, Jun 5, 2006