    available for a small fee.

    For more information please contact us on
    , Dec 14, 2006

  2. Yaz Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Free UK Telephone Numbers DDI / DID
    >
    > We are able to supply our customers with the following UK DDI/DIDs'
    > free of charge and no setup fee, numbers are available in both blocks
    > of 10 to 100 and also single numbers for end users.
    >
    > Prefix:
    >
    > * 0870
    > * 0871
    > * 0845
    > * 0844
    > * 070
    >
    > All numbers are routable internationally (i.e: +44870XXXXXXX), and can
    > be terminated to VoIP via SIP or terminated to the PSTN depending on
    > termination point.
    >
    > UK Geographical such as London 020 or Manchester 0161 are also
    > available for a small fee.

    I think everyone offers this! What ar your charges for 020 and 0161 nos?

    Are you able to provide a chosen/choice of numbers?

    Yaz
    Yaz, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hi Yaz,

    02 and 01 numbers are available, the price varies depending on how many
    you require.

    But a guide price, £200 incl VAT and setup per year for 25
    geographical number such as 01/02
    plus it includes access into our system to enable yourself to manage
    and control the numbers termination points and request other changes to
    be made.

    Yaz wrote:

    > I think everyone offers this! What ar your charges for 020 and 0161 nos?
    >
    > Are you able to provide a chosen/choice of numbers?
    >
    > Yaz
    , Dec 22, 2006
  4. ale.cx Guest

    On 22 Dec, 11:43, wrote:

    > But a guide price, £200 incl VAT and setup per year for 25
    > geographical number such as 01/02
    > plus it includes access into our system to enable yourself to manage
    > and control the numbers termination points and request other
    > changes to be made.

    Some may dispute your assertion that that is a "small" fee!

    alexd
    ale.cx, Dec 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    On 22 Dec 2006 03:50:10 -0800, "ale.cx" <> wrote:

    >On 22 Dec, 11:43, wrote:
    >
    >> But a guide price, £200 incl VAT and setup per year for 25
    >> geographical number such as 01/02
    >> plus it includes access into our system to enable yourself to manage
    >> and control the numbers termination points and request other
    >> changes to be made.

    >Some may dispute your assertion that that is a "small" fee!
    >
    >alexd

    And some may resort to complaining about advertising in this group
    are you there Ivor !!!!! .
    , Dec 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    That is for 25 numbers per year, if you want more than 25 numbers the
    prices of course will increase, although if your requirements are for
    100+ numbers then the price can be fully negotiated.

    For £5.00 GBP you can have 1 geographical number per year. (Random
    number supplied from the requested area/dialling code)

    If ordering a block of numbers, the numbers are supplied in sequential
    order for the requested telephone area code(s)

    01 and 02 Numbers can only be terminated to VoIP (SIP/IAX2/H.323)

    I think people will agree that £5.00 per year for a UK Geographical
    number is a small and modest fee to be free to use any VoIP Provider
    you like, not tied to one with the number, you get full control over
    the number so that you can change where the number is terminated using
    our control panel.

    ale.cx wrote:

    > Some may dispute your assertion that that is a "small" fee!
    >
    > alexd
    , Dec 22, 2006
  7. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 22 Dec 2006 03:50:10 -0800, "ale.cx"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > On 22 Dec, 11:43, wrote:
    > >
    > > > But a guide price, £200 incl VAT and setup per year
    > > > for 25 geographical number such as 01/02
    > > > plus it includes access into our system to enable
    > > > yourself to manage and control the numbers
    > > > termination points and request other changes to be
    > > > made.

    > > Some may dispute your assertion that that is a "small"
    > > fee!
    > >
    > > alexd

    > And some may resort to complaining about advertising in
    > this group are you there Ivor !!!!! .

    Back in your box, Ron. That wasn't advertising, it was an answer to a
    question asked.

    I don't think many will take him up at that price, do you..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 22, 2006
  8. ale.cx Guest

    wrote:

    > For £5.00 GBP you can have 1 geographical number per year. (Random
    > number supplied from the requested area/dialling code)

    Don't forget you're competing with the likes of Sipgate, who will give
    anyone a UK geographic number for free. Obviously, free is a lot
    cheaper than a fiver, even if a fiver is a pretty nominal fee.

    > If ordering a block of numbers, the numbers are supplied in sequential
    > order for the requested telephone area code(s)
    >
    > 01 and 02 Numbers can only be terminated to VoIP (SIP/IAX2/H.323)
    >
    > I think people will agree that £5.00 per year for a UK Geographical
    > number is a small and modest fee

    Yes, a fiver is a small amount of money nowadays. But one can get a
    free number from other providers, or deposit [say] a tenner of credit
    with a provider, and spend that credit on calls.

    > to be free to use any VoIP Provider you like, not tied to one with the number,
    > you get full control over the number so that you can change where the number
    > is terminated using our control panel.

    How does getting a number from a provider tie you into them? I've got a
    Sipgate number I use for inbound calls [because I've had it for 18
    months, and it's vaguely memorable], and I've got a voip.co.uk account
    I use for outbound calls because they're cheap. I can have many free
    accounts from many providers, and I won't ever be tied in to any of
    them. I guess I'm just not seeing the unique selling point of your
    offering. Perhaps there isn't one?

    alexd
    ale.cx, Dec 23, 2006
  9. Guest

    On 23 Dec 2006 10:26:11 -0800, "ale.cx" <> wrote:

    >Don't forget you're competing with the likes of Sipgate,

    NONE STARTER .
    , Dec 23, 2006
  10. Guest

    You are correct in stating that providers such as Sipgate offer a
    "free" number when you sign up with them, but that number can only
    be terminated at your Sipgate account, not any other, so it means you
    have to remain with a Sipgate account in order to keep the same number,
    basically, leave sipgate and leave the number.

    With the service we offer, you're able to choose which provider you
    wish to use, and you can terminate the number to any VoIP Destination,
    thus not tied to one provider in order to keep the inbound number. So
    for example if you have a "free" number from the likes of Sipgate
    or any other provider, if that ITSP goes down you would be unable to
    receive any inbound calls on your PSTN number.

    Example: You have a "free" SIP account and PSTN number from
    "Snake Oil VoIP" and that ITSP goes down, you'd not be able to
    receive any calls on your inbound PSTN number because the provider is
    down. But if you had a number from us that was terminating at your sip
    address with "Snake Oil VoIP" you are able to login at our control
    panel and change the destination instantly (as changes are real time)
    of the number to another VoIP account to ensure your able to receive
    calls.
    , Dec 23, 2006
  11. Jono Guest

    has brought this to us :
    > You are correct in stating that providers such as Sipgate offer a
    > "free" number when you sign up with them, but that number can only
    > be terminated at your Sipgate account, not any other, so it means you
    > have to remain with a Sipgate account in order to keep the same number,
    > basically, leave sipgate and leave the number.
    >
    > With the service we offer, you're able to choose which provider you
    > wish to use, and you can terminate the number to any VoIP Destination,
    > thus not tied to one provider in order to keep the inbound number. So
    > for example if you have a "free" number from the likes of Sipgate
    > or any other provider, if that ITSP goes down you would be unable to
    > receive any inbound calls on your PSTN number.
    >
    > Example: You have a "free" SIP account and PSTN number from
    > "Snake Oil VoIP" and that ITSP goes down, you'd not be able to
    > receive any calls on your inbound PSTN number because the provider is
    > down. But if you had a number from us that was terminating at your sip
    > address with "Snake Oil VoIP" you are able to login at our control
    > panel and change the destination instantly (as changes are real time)
    > of the number to another VoIP account to ensure your able to receive
    > calls.

    But surely, your service would tie me to you? So what's the advantage?
    Jono, Dec 23, 2006
  12. ale.cx Guest

    wrote:

    > You are correct in stating that providers such as Sipgate offer a
    > "free" number when you sign up with them, but that number can only
    > be terminated at your Sipgate account, not any other, so it means you
    > have to remain with a Sipgate account in order to keep the same number,
    > basically, leave sipgate and leave the number.

    Not entirely true. We have limited number portability at the moment,
    and I reckon 100% portability will be with us before long.

    > Example: You have a "free" SIP account and PSTN number from
    > "Snake Oil VoIP" and that ITSP goes down, you'd not be able to
    > receive any calls on your inbound PSTN number because the provider is
    > down. But if you had a number from us that was terminating at your sip
    > address with "Snake Oil VoIP" you are able to login at our control
    > panel and change the destination instantly (as changes are real time)
    > of the number to another VoIP account to ensure your able to receive
    > calls.

    I'm still not getting it. What if your systems go down? What happens to
    my calls then? How is being tied to you different to being tied to any
    other provider?

    alexd
    ale.cx, Dec 23, 2006
  13. Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > But surely, your service would tie me to you? So what's the advantage?

    Yes it would tie you to ourselves as a customer, we offer a 99% SLA
    that numbers we supply are reachable from the PSTN both domestic and
    international networks at all times.

    And of course your free to use any VoIP/ITSP you want, swap and change
    as many times as you like, without losing the number, somewhat like
    number porting, simply use our control panel and make the change, and
    within a matter of seconds the number is updated to your new
    destination.
    , Dec 23, 2006
  14. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sat, 23 Dec 2006, writes
    >You are correct in stating that providers such as Sipgate offer a
    >"free" number when you sign up with them, but that number can only
    >be terminated at your Sipgate account, not any other, so it means you
    >have to remain with a Sipgate account in order to keep the same number,
    >basically, leave sipgate and leave the number.
    >
    >With the service we offer, you're able to choose which provider you
    >wish to use, and you can terminate the number to any VoIP Destination,
    >thus not tied to one provider in order to keep the inbound number. So
    >for example if you have a "free" number from the likes of Sipgate
    >or any other provider, if that ITSP goes down you would be unable to
    >receive any inbound calls on your PSTN number.
    >
    >Example: You have a "free" SIP account and PSTN number from
    >"Snake Oil VoIP" and that ITSP goes down, you'd not be able to
    >receive any calls on your inbound PSTN number because the provider is
    >down. But if you had a number from us that was terminating at your sip
    >address with "Snake Oil VoIP" you are able to login at our control
    >panel and change the destination instantly (as changes are real time)
    >of the number to another VoIP account to ensure your able to receive
    >calls.

    And what happens when you go under?

    No different form any other supplier as I see it.

    DF
    David Floyd, Dec 23, 2006
  15. ale.cx Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi Alex,
    >
    > Maybe you can enlighten me to which ITSP's / VoIP Providers offer
    > number portability from one provider to another?
    >
    > With Thanks

    Voipfone will port in a Sipgate number, for example. The number of
    providers who port to/from each other is only ever going to grow.

    alexd
    ale.cx, Dec 24, 2006
  16. Guest

    On 22 Dec 2006 05:05:28 -0800, wrote:

    >That is for 25 numbers per year, if you want more than 25 numbers the
    >prices of course will increase,

    So it is £5 for one number, £200 for 25. Seems a very strange sort of
    idea. I'd expect them to get cheaper, not more expensive, as you buy
    in quantity.
    , Dec 24, 2006
  17. Guest

    On 23 Dec 2006 13:27:25 -0800, wrote:

    >that number can only
    >be terminated at your Sipgate account, not any other, so it means you
    >have to remain with a Sipgate account in order to keep the same number,
    >basically, leave sipgate and leave the number.

    Yeas and no. It costs nothing to have from Sipgate, and you can
    receive calls through it whoever you use to make calls.

    I can't see any advantage in your offering over Sipgate's.
    , Dec 24, 2006
  18. Guest

    wrote:
    > So it is £5 for one number, £200 for 25. Seems a very strange sort of
    > idea. I'd expect them to get cheaper, not more expensive, as you buy
    > in quantity.

    £5 p/a incl VAT for a single *RANDOM* number from the area code
    requested.
    £200 p/a incl VAT for a block of 25 *SEQUENTIAL* numbers from the area
    code requested.

    If you look at some providers who charge anything from £1.99 a month
    for the number to others charging £25.00 Excluding V.A.T. for just 1
    random number, big difference don't you think?
    , Dec 24, 2006
  19. Guest

    wrote:
    > Yeas and no. It costs nothing to have from Sipgate, and you can
    > receive calls through it whoever you use to make calls.
    >
    > I can't see any advantage in your offering over Sipgate's.

    Yes you can receive calls on your sipgate number regardless of who you
    use to make the outbound call, however if sipgate goes down then you
    don't receive any calls, have you read the previous posts in this forum?
    , Dec 24, 2006
  20. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    > > Yeas and no. It costs nothing to have from Sipgate, and
    > > you can receive calls through it whoever you use to
    > > make calls.
    > >
    > > I can't see any advantage in your offering over
    > > Sipgate's.

    > Yes you can receive calls on your sipgate number
    > regardless of who you use to make the outbound call,
    > however if sipgate goes down then you don't receive any
    > calls, have you read the previous posts in this forum?

    And if you go down, I still can't receive any calls.

    I'll stick with Sipgate, thanks.

    <pedant>
    BTW this is a newsgroup, not a forum, there are distinct differences.
    </pedant>

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Dec 24, 2006