    Version 5.10 is due some time in October - but it may take a while for
    those to arrive.

    Adam.

    Adamski, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Adamski

    Alan Guest

    Re: Ubuntu Linux 5.04 Official CDs

    "Adamski" <> wrote in message
    news:p...

    > Thanks to a previous poster here, I installed Ubuntu 5.04 and found

    > really like it.
    >
    > I've spent a few weeks installing/comparing it to Linspire, Mandrake
    > and RedHat 9.
    >
    > Anyway - I signed up for some free copies a few weeks ago and - blow
    > me down - I actually received them today!
    >
    > For the bandwidth cap limited, I have half a dozen sets (LIVE_CD

    plus
    > INSTALL_CD) left, so **first come, first served**. I'll do NZ

    postage
    > free to keep in the spirit of the whole thing.
    >
    > Version 5.10 is due some time in October - but it may take a while

    for
    > those to arrive.
    >
    > Adam.

    Hi Adam,

    I tried to email you but it bounced (GMail to GMail).

    I just removed the REMOVE from the above address - is that correct?

    My email address is:

    This is valid as is - not munged or anything.

    Thanks,

    Alan.
    Alan, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Adamski

    lj Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:24:52 +1200
    Adamski <> wrote:

    > snip
    > so **first come, first served**. I'll do NZ postage
    > free to keep in the spirit of the whole thing.

    Yes please!

    Thanks, John.
    lj, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Adamski

    Adamski Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:57:57 +1200, Alan wrote:

    >"Adamski" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Thanks to a previous poster here, I installed Ubuntu 5.04 and found

    >> really like it.
    >>
    >> I've spent a few weeks installing/comparing it to Linspire, Mandrake
    >> and RedHat 9.
    >>
    >> Anyway - I signed up for some free copies a few weeks ago and - blow
    >> me down - I actually received them today!
    >>
    >> For the bandwidth cap limited, I have half a dozen sets (LIVE_CD

    >plus
    >> INSTALL_CD) left, so **first come, first served**. I'll do NZ

    >postage
    >> free to keep in the spirit of the whole thing.
    >>
    >> Version 5.10 is due some time in October - but it may take a while

    >for
    >> those to arrive.
    >>
    >> Adam.
    >>

    >Hi Adam,
    >
    >I tried to email you but it bounced (GMail to GMail).
    >
    >I just removed the REMOVE from the above address - is that correct?

    Yes - but what may *not* be showing is the underscore between
    "adamski" and "NZ".

    >My email address is:

    I'll mail you direct :)

    Adam.
    Adamski, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Adamski

    Mike_P Guest

    "Adamski" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks to a previous poster here, I installed Ubuntu 5.04 and found I
    > really like it.
    >
    > I've spent a few weeks installing/comparing it to Linspire, Mandrake
    > and RedHat 9.
    >
    > Anyway - I signed up for some free copies a few weeks ago and - blow
    > me down - I actually received them today!
    >
    > For the bandwidth cap limited, I have half a dozen sets (LIVE_CD plus
    > INSTALL_CD) left, so **first come, first served**. I'll do NZ postage
    > free to keep in the spirit of the whole thing.
    >
    > Version 5.10 is due some time in October - but it may take a while for
    > those to arrive.
    >
    > Adam.

    Yep, my email bounced too !

    I would love a copy if you still have some left.
    tcc at clear.net.nz

    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike_P, Sep 27, 2005
  6. Adamski

    Adamski Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:53:09 +1200, lj wrote:

    >On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:24:52 +1200
    >Adamski <> wrote:
    >
    >> snip
    >> so **first come, first served**. I'll do NZ postage
    >> free to keep in the spirit of the whole thing.

    >Yes please!
    >
    >Thanks, John.

    Check your mailbox :)

    Adam.
    Adamski, Sep 27, 2005
  7. Adamski

    Adamski Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:24:52 +1200, Adamski wrote:

    >Thanks to a previous poster here, I installed Ubuntu 5.04 and found I
    >really like it.
    >
    >I've spent a few weeks installing/comparing it to Linspire, Mandrake
    >and RedHat 9.
    >
    >Anyway - I signed up for some free copies a few weeks ago and - blow
    >me down - I actually received them today!
    >
    >For the bandwidth cap limited, I have half a dozen sets (LIVE_CD plus
    >INSTALL_CD) left, so **first come, first served**. I'll do NZ postage
    >free to keep in the spirit of the whole thing.
    >
    >Version 5.10 is due some time in October - but it may take a while for
    >those to arrive.
    >
    >Adam.

    MEGA woooops! The address is actually (remove the REMOVE):

    I've successfully defeated myself with my own anti-spam system :-(
    Adamski, Sep 27, 2005
  8. Adamski

    Adam Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:33:39 +1200, Mike_P wrote:

    >Yep, my email bounced too !

    Sorry - I had a blond(e) moment :-(

    My (munged) e-mail is:

    >I would love a copy if you still have some left.
    >tcc at clear.net.nz

    Check you e-mail!

    Adam.
    Adam, Sep 27, 2005
  9. Adamski

    Alan Guest

    "Adamski" <> wrote in message

    > MEGA woooops! The address is actually (remove the REMOVE):
    >

    > I've successfully defeated myself with my own anti-spam system :-(

    LOL!

    Have you tried sneakemail?

    See my sig - it works well for me, and is less error prone for others
    than munging (in my experience), since they get a real normal email
    address to use.

    If I start getting much spam from an address, I create a new one, and
    leave the old one active for a month from that date before killing it
    totally.

    HTH,

    Alan.

    PS: I emailed you again at the correct address re the CDs.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.
    Alan, Sep 28, 2005
  10. Adamski

    lj Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:34:15 +1200,
    Adamski <> wrote:

    >>> snip

    >> Yes please!
    >> Thanks, John.

    > Check your mailbox :)
    > Adam.

    Many thanks from me!

    John.
    lj, Sep 28, 2005
  11. Adamski

    John S. Guest

    I would be quite interested in having a look at Ubuntu, from what
    I've read about it.

    Free would be nice, but if not available free, where would one
    buy it?

    (remove clothing from my email address)

    John Selby

    John S., Sep 30, 2005
  12. Adamski

    shannon Guest

    shannon, Sep 30, 2005
  13. Adamski

    Adam Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:27:58 GMT, John S. wrote:

    >I would be quite interested in having a look at Ubuntu, from what
    >I've read about it.
    >
    >Free would be nice, but if not available free, where would one
    >buy it?

    I've got 2 copies left from my parcel.

    >(remove clothing from my email address)

    Wot - socks AND pants? Oooeerr missus!

    Adam.
    Adam, Sep 30, 2005
  14. Adamski

    Alan Guest

    Re: Ubuntu Linux 5.04 Official CDs

    "Adamski" <> wrote in message

    > I'll mail you direct :)
    >
    > Adam.

    Just a public 'Thanks' to Adam for sending me the CDs.

    Much appreciated.

    Alan.

    Alan, Oct 3, 2005
  15. Adamski

    Adam Guest

    On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:43:36 +1300, Alan wrote:

    >"Adamski" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I'll mail you direct :)
    >>
    >> Adam.

    >Just a public 'Thanks' to Adam for sending me the CDs.
    >
    >Much appreciated.

    Heh - you're very welcome. I only got mine in the first place because
    of someone else here in the group! So ... he started it!

    Without going into all the pros and cons of all the distros out there,
    it at least showed me how far Linux has come since the "vi" days.

    Adam.
    Adam, Oct 3, 2005
  16. Re: Ubuntu Linux 5.04 Official CDs

    In article <>,
    Adam <> wrote:

    >Without going into all the pros and cons of all the distros out there,
    >it at least showed me how far Linux has come since the "vi" days.

    The "vi" days are not over. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 4, 2005