Free to a Good Home: IBM Big Iron

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Pleb, Dec 14, 2011.

  1. Pleb

    Pleb Guest

    Hi Guys
    I've got 2 IBM Netfinity 7000 M10 servers that need to go to a good
    home.
    These are 11U rack-mount, quad power-supply quad (P-III-era) Xeon
    processors: I *think* at 500 MHz ea.
    Tech specs at:http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?
    lndocid=DDSE-42TPF3

    1 is complete and fully loaded re RAM, Pwr supplies etc, the other
    AFAIR is mostly there, but was cannabalised to kit out the first.
    The complete one has 3x 9.1GB SCSI HDD's and an 18GB. Full RAID, etc
    on board - these were very high-end when new.
    Rack-mount slides included!
    Pix at https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/51475927/1/IBMs?h=f3f138

    Have been told to clear the "boys room" out for Christmas so if
    there's no expression of interest, will send to the recyclers Monday :
    (
    Pickup only (or possibly delivery in the Hamilton area)
    The email address this comes from is an unmonitored spam-catcher:
    please call or text on
    Oh Two One Five Eight Six Nine Seven Nine

    Cheers
    -Darl
    Pleb, Dec 14, 2011