    I couldn't post in teranews any more on $3.95 account, so I switched to
    motzarella.org and I can post.
    Is the problem solved with teranews now? are you able to post now?
    bardeban, Jan 15, 2009

  2. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    > I couldn't post in teranews any more on $3.95 account, so I switched to
    > motzarella.org and I can post.
    > Is the problem solved with teranews now? are you able to post now?

    Ask in the alt.free.newsservers group. Most posts there cite that
    Teranews is down a lot, a flaky service (it is beta although they chose
    to remove that identifier as they use it as a test platform), and
    generally users feel it sucks so bad that it isn't worth the time to
    keep trying to use it. Most that do keep using it use newsreaders that
    can read concurrently from several NNTP servers and will retrieve and
    post using whichever NNTP server will respond and does so first. Most
    just use Teranews free as a read-only NNTP server knowing it is so flaky
    that it merely serves as a potential bandwidth helper.

    Also, realize that every post you submit through the free Teranews
    server becomes spam. They append their promotional spam signature onto
    every post you submit through their free server (and, as I recall,
    aren't even polite enough to place their spam crap in a signature but
    instead shove it at the end of the body of your post). Because they
    spamify your posts means all your posts through them are spam! Another
    reason why many that continue using Teranews do not post through it but
    only read from it.
    VanguardLH, Jan 15, 2009

  3. gangle wrote:

    > "bardeban" wrote
    >> I couldn't post in teranews any more on $3.95 account, so I switched to
    >> motzarella.org and I can post.
    >> Is the problem solved with teranews now? are you able to post now?

    > Teranews has a new server configuration. You now need to add
    > "@teranews.com" (no quotes) after your username in your client's account
    > set-up.

    Too easy. Can't you make this complex?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups -
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 15, 2009
  4. bardeban

    walter Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > gangle wrote:
    >
    >> "bardeban" wrote
    >>> I couldn't post in teranews any more on $3.95 account, so I
    >>> switched to motzarella.org and I can post.
    >>> Is the problem solved with teranews now? are you able to post now?

    >> Teranews has a new server configuration. You now need to add
    >> "@teranews.com" (no quotes) after your username in your client's
    >> account set-up.

    > Too easy. Can't you make this complex?

    You mean like the teranews homepage that says they offer free service for
    $3.95? :)
    walter, Jan 15, 2009
  5. bardeban

    VanguardLH Guest

    bardeban wrote:

    > I couldn't post in teranews any more on $3.95 account, so I switched
    > to motzarella.org and I can post. Is the problem solved with teranews
    > now? are you able to post now?

    Ask in the alt.free.newsservers group (or just first read all the posts
    there about problems with Teranews). Most posts there cite that
[...]

    spamify your posts means all your posts through them are spam! Do you
    want to be seen by others as an affiliate spammer? Yet another reason
    VanguardLH, Jan 15, 2009
  6. bardeban

    philo Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in message
    > I couldn't post in teranews any more on $3.95 account, so I switched to
    > motzarella.org and I can post.
    > Is the problem solved with teranews now? are you able to post now?

    I am posting from them now

    I had to re-do my username and p/w
    philo, Jan 16, 2009
  7. bardeban

    Leviathan Guest

    TeraNews sent me an email with their changes and using the new User logon
    format. Why not go to their website and check?

    Leviathan, Jan 17, 2009
  8. walter wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> gangle wrote:
    >>
    >>> "bardeban" wrote
    >>>
    >>> Teranews has a new server configuration. You now need to add
    >>> "@teranews.com" (no quotes) after your username in your client's
    >>> account set-up.

    >> Too easy. Can't you make this complex?

    > You mean like the teranews homepage that says they offer free service for
    > $3.95? :)

    That's a start. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 19, 2009