    customer service they took it out so they could make more money.

    Anybody can recommend a good free telnet program?

    thanks
    wf3h, Feb 12, 2008

  2. wf3h

    Guest

    On 12 Feb, 04:50, wf3h <> wrote:
    > Windows used to have hyperterminal installed. in the interest of
    > customer service they took it out so they could make more money.
    >
    > Anybody can recommend a good free telnet program?
    >
    > thanks

    Putty is very popular.

    some people used teraterm, which had an ssh version.

    Hyperterm did other things though.. you could connect it up to a modem
    with a COM cable.. And it had some option for entering in a telephone
    number..

    Hey.. I have win xp pro sp2, and I have hyperterm.
    Maybe you can find how to add it from ctrl panel.. Add/Remove
    programs?

    Maybe somebody can send you the EXE.. that may be enough
    "C:\Program Files\Windows NT\hypertrm.exe"

    If not there is only one other file it looks like you may need
    htrn_jis.dll

    And this brings to light an interesting program..
    dialer.exe !

    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is 60E8-0E4D

    Directory of C:\Program Files\Windows NT

    15/02/2008 03:55 <DIR> .
    15/02/2008 03:55 <DIR> ..
    15/02/2008 03:55 0 a
    19/08/2004 16:57 <DIR> Accessories
    18/08/2001 12:00 522,240 dialer.exe
    18/08/2001 12:00 13,312 htrn_jis.dll
    18/08/2001 12:00 28,160 hypertrm.exe
    19/08/2004 16:57 <DIR> Pinball
    4 File(s) 563,712 bytes
    4 Dir(s) 363,364,352 bytes free

    Of the 2 subdirectories
    Accessories just has wordpad.exe in it.
    Pinball just has that game in it.
    So they are not relevant.
    , Feb 15, 2008

  3. wf3h

    Guest

    On 12 Feb, 04:50, wf3h <> wrote:
    > Windows used to have hyperterminal installed. in the interest of
    > customer service they took it out so they could make more money.
    >
    > Anybody can recommend a good free telnet program?
    >
    > thanks

    err.. I said I have xp pro sp2. Actually i did not realise but on
    this machine I have xp home. That may be slightly relevant to the DIR
    listing I provided.
    , Feb 15, 2008