    accumulated over the years. so who do I get access to the file on my PC and
    therefore get rid of the crap

    TIA

    STEPHEN, Oct 4, 2008

  2. "STEPHEN" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi I have on
    > y got 9% free space on my PC. I want to get rid of the rubbish that I have
    > accumulated over the years. so who do I get access to the file on my PC
    > and therefore get rid of the crap
    >
    > TIA

    First,
    Double click on My Computer (icon is on the Desktop)
    Select Drive C when it appears, and Right Click.
    Select Properties.
    Select Clean up Now.
    Follow the directions, and select Yes to delete the files that Windows wants
    to clean all by itself.

    Second,
    Right Click the Start Button, and chose Explore
    Navigate to your My Documents folder (I like to select the Folder Button at
    the top of the window so I can see the structure on the left side of the
    screen and the contents of the folders on the right side.)
    Find your My Pictures folder, select the Thumbnail View so you can see the
    pictures, and delete the pictures you don't want to save anymore.
    Find all of the pictures you do not want
    Select Delete.

    HINT
    Select the first picture (or, any file for that matter), hold the Shift Key
    and select the last picture. All pictures (or files) will by highlighted and
    ready for deletion. If there are a few pictures or files that you still want
    to retain, hold the CTRL Key and select each with your mouse. They will be
    un-highlighted, and retained when you select Delete.

    You might have video files, see your My Videos folder, that you don't want.
    You may also have some temporary internet files, but these should have been
    cleaned up through the Disk Clean-up operation.

    You did not say what the capacity is of your hard drive, but you might want
    to consider adding a drive to your machine. My wife (just yesterday) bought
    a Maxtor 500G external drive that connects via USB cable, and she only paid
    $120-ish for the pleasure.

    Jeff Strickland, Oct 5, 2008

  3. STEPHEN

    Travis Guest

    buy a new harddrive, that's really the easiest option. for the longest
    time i had to deal with deleting stuff off my 80gb oem harddrive but
    i'm a big bittorrent user and couldn't delete anymore stuff (I had
    like 400mb left) so bought a 500GB HD for $140 at staples, but i saw
    the same HD on tigerdirect for $60 so it's affordable and very useful
    so you don't have to delete everything, I know when this drive fills
    up I'm going to buy another 500GB for $60 to replace my 80gb (i'll
    transfer the files over, probably going to be slow as it's not sata or
    anything 3:

    Travis, Oct 6, 2008