    Thanks for any info.
    Buzz
    , Oct 11, 2005

  2. Mikey Guest

    On 11 Oct 2005 08:41:12 -0700, mumbled:

    Try this... http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm
    Mikey, Oct 11, 2005

  3. >>Can someone suggest some free software to do the following:

    >>I want to point it to a directory tree containing jpeg images.
    >>
    >>I want it to look at the exif date (and camera type if possible) to
    >>sort the images into a new directory tree.

    One of the reasons I started writing my own software some years ago is that
    it enfuriated me that there wasn't anything that would show the images in
    chronological order of EXIF - at least there wasn't anything I could find at
    that time.

    My own application sorts photos in a single folder into chronological order
    of EXIF date but it doesn't do it across directories nor does it sort by
    camera ID. It is free, though, if you want to try it.

    Keith
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~Keith.Sheppard/photoman/home.htm
    Keith Sheppard, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Guest

    man... is that website ever going to load?
    , Oct 12, 2005
  5. Guest

    Thanks Keith. I happen to be a software engineer.
    But of course it would be quicker to just use something that is
    available.

    If I can't find anything, I'll build something.
    I'll let you know if I do.

    Buzz
    , Oct 12, 2005
  6. Guest

    Today http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm is loading fine.

    I downloaded and tried it.
    It works great!

    It is nicely configurable for my needs.
    Highly recommended

    Thanks Mikey!
    Buzz
    , Oct 12, 2005
  7. Mikey Guest

    On 12 Oct 2005 06:14:51 -0700, mumbled:

    >Today http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm is loading fine.
    >
    >I downloaded and tried it.
    >It works great!
    >
    >It is nicely configurable for my needs.
    >Highly recommended
    >
    >Thanks Mikey!
    >Buzz

    I have been using it for over a year. I works great for copying images
    from the card and cataloging them by date, or job.

    The developer is very responsive if you need any help.
    Mikey, Oct 12, 2005
  8. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Can someone suggest some free software to do the following:
    >
    > I want to point it to a directory tree containing jpeg images.
    >
    > I want it to look at the exif date (and camera type if possible) to
    > sort the images into a new directory tree.
    >
    > The new tree should have folders named by date.
    >
    > If possible, it would be nice if the software could further group the
    > photos that were taken close together in time, and by the same camera.
    >
    > I add this last point because I may have taken pictures of my car's
    > engine in the morning, and pictures at a wedding in the pm, and my
    > sister gave me her pictures of a birthday that happened on the same
    > day. Throwing them all together doesn't make sense.

    iPhoto would be ideal if you're using a Mac. Unfortunately it don't work
    on Windoze.
    Stewy, Oct 13, 2005