    What FREE software can do this for me please?

    Thanks a lot!

    , Nov 19, 2006

  2. Cgiorgio Guest

    irfanview with plugins
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Cgiorgio, Nov 19, 2006

  3. On 19 Nov 2006 09:50:42 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I went to an event recently. I want to resize
    >all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.
    >
    >And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
    >file sizes also.
    >
    >What FREE software can do this for me please?

    http://www.irfanview.com Takes a few more than a single click, but the
    batch resize/resample mode is the way to go.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 19, 2006
  4. Dave Guest

    On 19 Nov 2006 09:50:42 -0800, wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I went to an event recently. I want to resize
    >all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.

    10 mpx to 400 X 600 (?) - and still be quality pics...?
    That of course, keep on being on of the more important questions here
    - and one of the more difficult ones to answer.

    If it is for WEB display, simply go shift/cntrl/alt/s
    and do you preferred preferences

    Dave

    Dave, Nov 19, 2006
  5. Mike Russell Guest

    Mike Russell, Nov 19, 2006
  6. Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I went to an event recently. I want to resize
    > all the pictures from 10 megapixels, to say, 400 x 600.
    >
    > And use JPEG compression to make them smaller
    > file sizes also.
    >
    > What FREE software can do this for me please?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    Whatever you do it's going to take more than a single mouse click. You
    can probably do it in your existing software, however a good free
    utility is FastStone Photo Resizer from
    http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

    --
    Tim