  1. Hey, is there any freware that you know of for drawing ERD's (something like
    erwin) but only needs to do the drawing not code generation or anyting.
    Daniel
    Daniel Farley, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Daniel Farley

    David Keane Guest

    Daniel Farley wrote:

    >Hey, is there any freware that you know of for drawing ERD's (something like
    >erwin) but only needs to do the drawing not code generation or anyting.
    >Daniel

    ERDs as in Entity Relationship Diagrams for Databases?
    I looked earlier in the year, and found nothing specific to, but found
    only DTP or drawing programs produce anything good.
    There's a void of free software designed for ERDs (and other
    Flow/Relationship Diagrams), and I ended up using Word and Publisher to
    finish my assignment.
    David Keane, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Daniel Farley

    Peter Murray Guest

    "David Keane" <> wrote in message
    > Daniel Farley wrote:
    >
    > >Hey, is there any freware that you know of for drawing ERD's (something

    like
    > >erwin) but only needs to do the drawing not code generation or anyting.
    > >Daniel
    > >

    > ERDs as in Entity Relationship Diagrams for Databases?
    > I looked earlier in the year, and found nothing specific to, but found
    > only DTP or drawing programs produce anything good.
    > There's a void of free software designed for ERDs (and other
    > Flow/Relationship Diagrams), and I ended up using Word and Publisher to
    > finish my assignment.

    I use the free limited evaluation version (v2.4.2) of DeZign for databases
    to draw small ERDs and generate SQL to create databases. The software is
    available from http://www.datanamic.com/ and I've just discovered they have
    a new version with more features.

    --
    Peter Murray