    a mate of mine just got a DV camera, but has not software to edit his vidos
    with. Is there any free stuff for this?? (besides win xp movie maker)

    Thanks Daniel

    asdf, Jan 15, 2004

  2. asdf

    Lebowski Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote in message
    news:YvoNb.12366$...
    > a mate of mine just got a DV camera, but has not software to edit his

    vidos
    > with. Is there any free stuff for this?? (besides win xp movie maker)
    >
    > Thanks Daniel

    Virtual Dub / Nandub is good.

    Lebowski, Jan 15, 2004

  3. On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:33:39 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> wrote:

    >"asdf" <> wrote in message
    >> a mate of mine just got a DV camera, but has not software to edit his

    >vidos
    >> with. Is there any free stuff for this?? (besides win xp movie maker)
    >>
    >> Thanks Daniel
    >>

    >Virtual Dub / Nandub is good.

    VD is good for processing video but doesn't have much in the way of
    proper NLE capabilities.

    Most of the major NLE (non-linear-editing) vendors have 30-day free
    trials available. Check out the offerings from:

    Pinnacle (http://www.pinnaclesys.com)
    Avid: (http://www.avid.com)
    uLead (http://www.ulead.com)

    and there are probably dozens of others.

    Bruce Simpson, Jan 15, 2004
  4. asdf

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:17:56 +1300, "asdf" <>
    wrote:

    >a mate of mine just got a DV camera, but has not software to edit his vidos
    >with. Is there any free stuff for this?? (besides win xp movie maker)

    Depends on what you want to do. Virtual Dub is free.

    Craig Shore, Jan 15, 2004
  5. asdf

    Allistar Guest

    asdf wrote:

    > a mate of mine just got a DV camera, but has not software to edit his
    > vidos
    > with. Is there any free stuff for this?? (besides win xp movie maker)
    >
    > Thanks Daniel

    You haven't mentioned what OS is being used (although I can guess Windows
    XP). I suck home movies of my JVC camera using an ieee1394 connection to my
    Linux box (Mandrake 9.1) which I then edit/snip/title using free (as in
    GPL) software called "Kino". Does the job well.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jan 15, 2004
  6. asdf

    asdf Guest