    besides the ones mentioned on the site
    www.freeworlddialup.com
    is there any others that work? thanks hank

    hank, Dec 15, 2003

  2. hank wrote:
    > hello I am trying to find any free softphones that work with fwd
    > besides the ones mentioned on the site
    > www.freeworlddialup.com
    > is there any others that work? thanks hank

    Since fwd uses the SIP protocol, any SIP phone application/hardware should
    work !

    /Mats

    Mats Karlsson, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Mats Karlsson wrote:
    > hank wrote:
    >> hello I am trying to find any free softphones that work with fwd
    >> besides the ones mentioned on the site
    >> www.freeworlddialup.com
    >> is there any others that work? thanks hank

    > Since fwd uses the SIP protocol, any SIP phone application/hardware
    > should work !
    >

    > /Mats

    Sorry forgot to mention that fwd wan't not listed phones to :

    How do I configure a phone that is not listed here?
    Very carefully. Please contact us before utilizing an unapproved
    phone. We may ask you to use one of our test server to avoid any conflicts
    with the production system.
    Please document your work so we can tell all!

    /Mats

    Mats Karlsson, Dec 15, 2003
  4. hank

    hank Guest

    "Mats Karlsson" <matsk@not.4gurus.org> wrote in message news:<brkdsj$aja$>...
    > Mats Karlsson wrote:
    > > hank wrote:
    > >> hello I am trying to find any free softphones that work with fwd
    > >> besides the ones mentioned on the site
    > >> www.freeworlddialup.com
    > >> is there any others that work? thanks hank

    > > Since fwd uses the SIP protocol, any SIP phone application/hardware
    > > should work !
    > >

    > > /Mats

    > Sorry forgot to mention that fwd wan't not listed phones to :
    >
    > How do I configure a phone that is not listed here?
    > Very carefully. Please contact us before utilizing an unapproved
    > phone. We may ask you to use one of our test server to avoid any conflicts
    > with the production system.
    > Please document your work so we can tell all!
    >

    > /Mats

    does any one know of any I can try out? I need a windows softphone
    that is free. I think I can get them working with fwd. thanks hank

    hank, Dec 15, 2003
  5. hank

    hank Guest

    "Mats Karlsson" <matsk@not.4gurus.org> wrote in message news:<brkdd6$8ga$>...
    > hank wrote:
    > > hello I am trying to find any free softphones that work with fwd
    > > besides the ones mentioned on the site
    > > www.freeworlddialup.com
    > > is there any others that work? thanks hank

    > Since fwd uses the SIP protocol, any SIP phone application/hardware should
    > work !

    I apologise if this is a repost. I am not sure if my last reply came
    threw. I was wondering if any one recommends any free sip phones that
    are software based? even if there not fwd approved? thanks hank>
    /Mats

    hank, Dec 15, 2003
  6. hank wrote:
    > "Mats Karlsson" <matsk@not.4gurus.org> wrote in message
    >> Mats Karlsson wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Since fwd uses the SIP protocol, any SIP phone application/hardware
    >>> should work !
    >>>

    >>> /Mats

    >> Sorry forgot to mention that fwd wan't not listed phones to :
    >>
    >> How do I configure a phone that is not listed here?
    >> Very carefully. Please contact us before utilizing an
    >> unapproved phone. We may ask you to use one of our test server to
    >> avoid any conflicts with the production system.
    >> Please document your work so we can tell all!
    >>

    >> /Mats

    > does any one know of any I can try out? I need a windows softphone
    > that is free. I think I can get them working with fwd. thanks hank

    Maybee you should start looking at the fwd web !

    And try to do some research before using the news group!

    /Mats

    Mats Karlsson, Dec 16, 2003
  7. hank

    hank Guest

    (hank) wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Mats Karlsson" <matsk@not.4gurus.org> wrote in message news:<brkdd6$8ga$>...
    > > hank wrote:
    > > > hello I am trying to find any free softphones that work with fwd
    > > > besides the ones mentioned on the site
    > > > www.freeworlddialup.com
    > > > is there any others that work? thanks hank

    > > Since fwd uses the SIP protocol, any SIP phone application/hardware should
    > > work !
    > >

    > I apologise if this is a repost. I am not sure if my last reply came
    > threw. I was wondering if any one recommends any free sip phones that
    > are software based? even if there not fwd approved? thanks hank>
    > /Mats

    I did look at all the ones on the fwd website and I tried those I was
    just curious if there was any others out there. I would ask on the
    fwd list but I can't get on the list. the url keeps giving me a page
    can not be displayed. hth. hank

    hank, Dec 16, 2003
  8. hank

    DT Guest

    I've tried a few, and in my estimation it's pretty tough to beat
    X-Lite. Not only is it a pretty slick product for free, it can get
    around NAT problems better than most, although sometimes requiring a
    little tinkering.

    I have no connection with X-Ten. Just thought I'd throw in an opinion.

    DT, Dec 18, 2003
  9. hank <> wrote:

    > is there any others that work? thanks hank

    Any SIP phone should work. The ones that I know are linphone and kphone.
    Has anyone actually used them with FWD or some comparable environment.

    --
    Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    +49 177 8811442

    Georg Schwarz, Dec 21, 2003