Free second shot promotion

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Host, Aug 10, 2008.

  1. Host

    Host Guest

    Microsoft offers a free second shot on all Microsoft exams and I just took
    my exam only a few days before it.
    That was a bad experience:
    I drove 45 km to the test centre, where I passed other 3 exams in June
    (70-270/290/294), and to my surprise, the exam was cancelled as the contract
    between prometric and CDI was not re-newed. After 2 hours on the phone
    between the receptionist, me and prometric, I was given the choice of
    taking the exam in another test centre, 50 kms far, and no compensation (I
    asked for a free re-take, which i think was very reasonable).

    Drove fast to the other test centre, barely made it, and took the exam
    without breakfast or lunch in my stomach. Finished all the answers and had 1
    hour for review. As I was tired, reviewed only the first question ( and
    changed the answer from right to wrong , as i found out later after the
    exam). My score was 676 out of 700 ... which means that i would have passed
    if i hadn't reviewed the first question :)

    I asked Microsoft to give me a free second shot, given the circumstances,
    but they refused as I had used a voucher that I purchased for $114 rather
    then the regular price $125.
    ..... The company I purchased the voucher from, does not give me the free
    second shot either ...

    I have to pay again, take another day off from work, and hope to pass.
    I also hope that no one will have my bad experience :)
    Host, Aug 10, 2008

  2. Host

    PAJ Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:10:15 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:

    >Drove fast to the other test centre, barely made it, and took the exam
    >without breakfast or lunch in my stomach. Finished all the answers and had 1
    >hour for review. As I was tired, reviewed only the first question ( and
    >changed the answer from right to wrong , as i found out later after the
    >exam). My score was 676 out of 700 ... which means that i would have passed
    >if i hadn't reviewed the first question :)

    Nah, the first question only scores 23 points.
    You would had still failed.
    PAJ, Aug 10, 2008

  3. Host

    Host Guest

    "PAJ" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:10:15 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Drove fast to the other test centre, barely made it, and took the exam
    >>without breakfast or lunch in my stomach. Finished all the answers and had
    >>1
    >>hour for review. As I was tired, reviewed only the first question ( and
    >>changed the answer from right to wrong , as i found out later after the
    >>exam). My score was 676 out of 700 ... which means that i would have
    >>passed
    >>if i hadn't reviewed the first question :)

    > Nah, the first question only scores 23 points.
    > You would had still failed.

    I see ...
    Well, I am glad that didn't happen, because, I would have probably been very
    pissed if my score were 699 out of 700 and failed :)
    Host, Aug 11, 2008
  4. Host

    catwalker63 Guest

    PAJ <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:10:15 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Drove fast to the other test centre, barely made it, and took the exam
    >>without breakfast or lunch in my stomach. Finished all the answers and
    >>had 1 hour for review. As I was tired, reviewed only the first
    >>question ( and changed the answer from right to wrong , as i found out
    >>later after the exam). My score was 676 out of 700 ... which means
    >>that i would have passed if i hadn't reviewed the first question :)

    > Nah, the first question only scores 23 points.
    > You would had still failed.

    TMML

    Not as much as his response to this, however. Coworkers now convinced
    I'm insane. About time.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Aug 11, 2008
  5. Host

    Host Guest

    "PAJ" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:10:15 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Drove fast to the other test centre, barely made it, and took the exam
    >>without breakfast or lunch in my stomach. Finished all the answers and had
    >>1
    >>hour for review. As I was tired, reviewed only the first question ( and
    >>changed the answer from right to wrong , as i found out later after the
    >>exam). My score was 676 out of 700 ... which means that i would have
    >>passed
    >>if i hadn't reviewed the first question :)

    > Nah, the first question only scores 23 points.
    > You would had still failed.

    I am trying to rebook the exam, but prometric website is giving me a weird
    message ....
    I select the exam, and when I select a test centre (any test centre) I get
    the message:

    No Dates Found.

    We're sorry. We couldn't find any Exam Dates based on the selections
    you've made. Please try another Test Center.
    Host, Aug 13, 2008
  6. Host

    PAJ Guest

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:50:27 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to rebook the exam, but prometric website is giving me a weird
    >message ....
    >I select the exam, and when I select a test centre (any test centre) I get
    >the message:
    >

    > No Dates Found.
    >
    > We're sorry. We couldn't find any Exam Dates based on the selections
    >you've made. Please try another Test Center.

    Welcome to the wonderful world of Prometric.
    Ring the test centre directly. It could Prometric have messed up or it
    could be there genuinely are no dates available. The test centre will
    know the answer.
    PAJ, Aug 13, 2008
  7. Host

    Host Guest

    "PAJ" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:50:27 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am trying to rebook the exam, but prometric website is giving me a
    >>weird
    >>message ....
    >>I select the exam, and when I select a test centre (any test centre) I
    >>get
    >>the message:
    >>

    >> No Dates Found.
    >>
    >> We're sorry. We couldn't find any Exam Dates based on the selections
    >>you've made. Please try another Test Center.

    > Welcome to the wonderful world of Prometric.
    > Ring the test centre directly. It could Prometric have messed up or it
    > could be there genuinely are no dates available. The test centre will
    > know the answer.

    Thanks, I will.

    The funny part is that for the exam that they screwed up and didn't notify
    me about the test centre no longer being authorized, in my candidate history
    they write "No Show" :
    28-Jul-2008
    10:15 AM Implement,Managing&Maintaining a MS Win 2003 Network Infra
    CDI COLLEGE Microsoft
    070-291 Q5FDTT514C No Show 26-Jun-2009
    11:59 PM Receipt

    Not only I showed up 15 minutes earlier (had to drive 45 km), but I also
    spent 2 hours over the phone with prometric to find out that the contract
    between prometric and CDI college was not renewed and therefore, could not
    take the exam in that test centre.
    Host, Aug 13, 2008
  8. Host

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Host" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "PAJ" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:50:27 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Welcome to the wonderful world of Prometric.
    >> Ring the test centre directly. It could Prometric have messed up or
    >> it could be there genuinely are no dates available. The test centre
    >> will know the answer.

    > Thanks, I will.
    >
    > The funny part is that for the exam that they screwed up and didn't
    > notify me about the test centre no longer being authorized, in my
    > candidate history they write "No Show" :
    > 28-Jul-2008
    > 10:15 AM Implement,Managing&Maintaining a MS Win 2003 Network
    > Infra
    > CDI COLLEGE Microsoft
    > 070-291 Q5FDTT514C No Show 26-Jun-2009
    > 11:59 PM Receipt
    >

    > Not only I showed up 15 minutes earlier (had to drive 45 km), but I
    > also spent 2 hours over the phone with prometric to find out that the
    > contract between prometric and CDI college was not renewed and
    > therefore, could not take the exam in that test centre.

    And the decision to go with Prometric as the only test proctor is a large
    part of the reason I am not taking any more exams or pursuing any further
    MS certification unless I absolutely have to. I don't need that kind of
    agravation. From my perspective as a professional and an MS customer, it
    looks like a supremely stupid decision on MS part. Won't be the first or
    last bad decision they make but I don't feel appreciated as a
    professional or well served as a customer.

    catwalker63, Aug 13, 2008
  9. Host

    Host Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "Host" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> "PAJ" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:50:27 GMT, "Host" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Welcome to the wonderful world of Prometric.
    >>> Ring the test centre directly. It could Prometric have messed up or
    >>> it could be there genuinely are no dates available. The test centre
    >>> will know the answer.

    >> Thanks, I will.
    >>
    >> The funny part is that for the exam that they screwed up and didn't
    >> notify me about the test centre no longer being authorized, in my
    >> candidate history they write "No Show" :
    >> 28-Jul-2008
    >> 10:15 AM Implement,Managing&Maintaining a MS Win 2003 Network
    >> Infra
    >> CDI COLLEGE Microsoft
    >> 070-291 Q5FDTT514C No Show 26-Jun-2009
    >> 11:59 PM Receipt
    >>

    >> Not only I showed up 15 minutes earlier (had to drive 45 km), but I
    >> also spent 2 hours over the phone with prometric to find out that the
    >> contract between prometric and CDI college was not renewed and
    >> therefore, could not take the exam in that test centre.
    >>

    > And the decision to go with Prometric as the only test proctor is a large
    > part of the reason I am not taking any more exams or pursuing any further
    > MS certification unless I absolutely have to. I don't need that kind of
    > agravation. From my perspective as a professional and an MS customer, it
    > looks like a supremely stupid decision on MS part. Won't be the first or
    > last bad decision they make but I don't feel appreciated as a
    > professional or well served as a customer.
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    After the second prometric nightmare i had for the 70-291 exam, i finally
    passed with the score 873.
    The exam was not difficult at all, it's Prometric that was difficult (to say
    at least).
    The exam though covers almost everything about the networks, and there are
    many things to learn and remember.
    CCNA is only a small part of 70-291 .... and i wish 70-291 was as much
    popular as CCNA.
    Host, Aug 14, 2008