    who have 15 exams to take.
    good luck people
    Rosie
    Rosie, Aug 30, 2005

  2. RE: Free Second Shot FOREVER- why?

    Wouldn't it be better if people prepared for the exams with the intention of
    passing first time? There are loads of practice tests available to gauge how
    prepared you are. It makes more sense to enter if you think you have a
    reasonable chance of passing rather than just to estimate how much you think
    you already know about the subject. This is the approach I took when I
    entered for the 271 & 272 exams (both of which I passed first time).
    Microsoft will hardly want to risk devaluing their own certs by implying that
    the exams can be passed if you simply resit them an infinite number of times.
    Daria [MCDST], Aug 31, 2005

  3. Rosie

    CBIC Guest

    Rosie wrote:
    > Woulddn't it be helpful if Microsoft let us retake any exam for free
    > all the time instead of doing it as periodic offer; this will be good
    > for some of us who have 15 exams to take.
    > good luck people
    > Rosie

    Wouldn't it be helpful if you hadn't posted this in so many groups?
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Rosie

    Rosie Guest

    RE: Free Second Shot FOREVER- why?

    Dear Daria
    I passed 271 and 272 first time and with little revision. you're probably
    thinking that all exams must be passed the first time but I feel sorry for
    you because soon you'll realise that exams such 70-290 and 70-291 are not
    that easy unless you won't be progessing to next case in which case I say
    good luck to you.
    rosie

    Rosie, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Rosie

    gster Guest

    gster, Sep 24, 2005
  6. Rosie

    gster Guest

    Hi Rosie,

    I agree with Daria, there is no substitute for knowing the topic inside out,
    after all what is the worth of a qualification that is easy, the whole point
    is to show case the talents of the individual – the more difficult the qual,
    the higher standing of job you will get.

    I don’t recall anyone at work telling me it was okay that I couldn’t recover
    our database servers or that the configuration change I made has went west
    and to have a second or third shot while 3,000 users wait about.

    I have certification as well as 2 I.T degree’s, which cost me far more to do
    than my certification, I would be horrified if I thought I spent all that
    hard study while others had no consequences and just gambled on their chances
    as they can have another go. On a degree you have to wait up to a year for
    the course to role round and retake the whole paper.

    However, not all is lost I can give you a hint on reducing the number of
    papers from 15. For example, if you were doing MCSE 2000 and MCDBA, you use
    your 216 and 215 from the MCSE to go to the MCDBA, then use 228 (sql2000) as
    an elective on the MCSE thus you can get MCDBA by doing just 1 extra cert
    (229). The same applies to MCSA, you can use MCDST as an elective thus
    making 1 paper less while gaining 2 qualifications, although If you have an
    MCSA your MCDST becomes of slightly less relevant to your administrators job
    (although it is a good building block to base your certs on).

    But hey, that’s just my opinion and I do respect yours

    gster, Sep 24, 2005