    http://www.martinbaileyphotography.com/screensavers.php

    Thanks,
    Martin.
    Martin Bailey, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Martin Bailey

    E. Le Phant Guest

    "Martin Bailey" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > Hi,
    > I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos, most
    > taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update from my
    > site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

    I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays, especially
    screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their heads seen to by a
    competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact that screensavers have been
    known to have more bugs than anything. Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that
    your photographs are quite perfect, and that your intentions are entirely
    honourable, but your screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.
    E. Le Phant, Sep 16, 2004

  3. E. Le Phant wrote:

    > "Martin Bailey" <> wrote in
    > message news:eek:...
    > > Hi,
    > > I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
    > > most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
    > > from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

    > I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
    > especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
    > heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
    > that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
    > Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
    > perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
    > screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

    This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
    people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
    available instead or additionally.

    --

    Cheers,
    Martin.

    http://www.martinbaileyphotography.com or http://www.lens-work.com
    Martin Bailey, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Martin Bailey wrote:

    > E. Le Phant wrote:
    >

    >>"Martin Bailey" <> wrote in
    >>message news:eek:...
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
    >>>most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
    >>>from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

    >>I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
    >>especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
    >>heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
    >>that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
    >>Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
    >>perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
    >>screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

    > This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
    > people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
    > available instead or additionally.

    I'd download individual pix, but not a whole raft of 'em, as I generally
    use my own. I'd drop a few in the folder I use, and they're
    automatically incorporated. But, I'm a minority, being on a Mac.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 17, 2004
  5. Martin Bailey

    Terry Guest

    Martin Bailey wrote:

    >E. Le Phant wrote:
    >

    >> "Martin Bailey" <> wrote in
    >> message news:eek:...
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I've just created a bunch of screen savers of some of my photos,
    >> > most taken with a Canon EOS 10D. The screen savers will auto-update
    >> > from my site when changes are made (this feature can be turned off).

    >> I regret to say that anybody who downloads executables nowadays,
    >> especially screen savers, from an untrusted source, should get their
    >> heads seen to by a competent psychiatrist. It's a well known fact
    >> that screensavers have been known to have more bugs than anything.
    >> Sorry Martin, I have no doubt that your photographs are quite
    >> perfect, and that your intentions are entirely honourable, but your
    >> screensavers won't be downloading in this direction.

    >This is good advice. I was worried about that concern. Do you think
    >people would be more likely to download the .SCR file? I can make that
    >available instead or additionally.

    No, I don't think so. I certainly wouldn't. SCR files are also subject
    to bugs and viruses.

    Besides, why make me download *all* the pictures? I'm not likely to
    want to do that, and I'm sure not going to do that until I have looked
    at some and decided I am interested.

    And, you limit yourself to people running windows. What about Mac and
    Linux users?

    I suggest you post jpgs. Much more convenient for the viewer.

    Terry
    Terry, Sep 17, 2004