free Scrabble

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Claire Brucker, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know a good website to play Scrabble for free that you don't
    have to buy?

    Claire Brucker, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Claire Brucker

    b Guest

    "Claire Brucker" <> wrote in message
    news:TTb2g.25383$-nyc.rr.com...
    > Does anyone know a good website to play Scrabble for free that you don't
    > have to buy?

    games.com

    b, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Claire Brucker

    Beck Guest

    Claire Brucker wrote:
    > Does anyone know a good website to play Scrabble for free that you
    > don't have to buy?

    http://games.yahoo.com/games/front

    Its not quite Scrabble, they call it Literati. But its so similar to
    scrabble its like comparing tangerines to oranges :)

    Beck, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Claire Brucker

    clot Guest

    Beck wrote:
    > Claire Brucker wrote:
    >> Does anyone know a good website to play Scrabble for free that you
    >> don't have to buy?

    > http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
    >
    > Its not quite Scrabble, they call it Literati. But its so similar to
    > scrabble its like comparing tangerines to oranges :)

    What a helpful and courteous response. I thank you for that.

    clot, Apr 22, 2006
  5. Claire Brucker

    Evan Platt Guest

    Free Willy.

    Evan Platt, Apr 22, 2006
  6. games.com no longer offers scrabble.

    Claire Brucker, Apr 22, 2006
  7. Just played a game of Literati. It is a wonderful substitute for Scrabble.
    thanks for the tip.

    Claire Brucker, Apr 22, 2006
  8. Claire Brucker

    Beck Guest

    Claire Brucker wrote:
    > Just played a game of Literati. It is a wonderful substitute for
    > Scrabble. thanks for the tip.

    Yeah its quite good. It does not have the same letter amounts as scrabble
    though. Scrabble has set amount of letters like one Z letter and one Q.
    Literati is just random and you may get 2-3 of those letters in one game.

    Beck, Apr 22, 2006
  9. Claire Brucker

    > games.com no longer offers scrabble.

    oh, i'm so sorry! my poor mother, now i need to refer her to literati!

    b, Apr 22, 2006
  10. Claire Brucker

    thanatoid Guest

    I have 2 DOS scrabbles, if that's acceptable, I will post them
    for you in a binaries group of your choice. Let me know.
    I also have a GREAT 32bit version but I can NOT find it, so far.

    --
    thanatoid-Tip® #4
    If you can't pronounce "cheval" as "joual", stay the merde out

    thanatoid, Apr 22, 2006
  11. Claire Brucker

    thanatoid Guest

    I deleted it because it requires a higher screen resolution than
    800x600, which I can't be bothered with.

    It's called "scrabbit" - Google for it, it's great, I don't know
    how much it costs, but if you don't want to pay, the same page
    where Google will give you the game url will give you url's for
    a crack for it.

    thanatoid, Apr 23, 2006
  12. Claire Brucker

    Dan Guest

    games.com recently removed Scrabble, Monopoly, Sorry! and every other such
    decent games from their website so as to no longer satisfy those of us who
    just want to sit down and play an old classic fun multiplayer boardgame with
    others in an interface which is actually easy to use without being bombarded
    with massive bulk email advertising upon signup. This is probably what
    triggered starting this discussion thread.

    Dan, Apr 23, 2006
  13. Claire Brucker

    Ickshka Guest

    Try games.atari.com - used to be the old games.com site before aol bought
    the domain name.

    Ickshka, Apr 25, 2006
  14. Claire Brucker

    ellis_jay Guest

    Ickshka wrote:
    > Try games.atari.com - used to be the old games.com site before aol
    > bought the domain name.
    >
    > "Claire Brucker" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know a good website to play Scrabble for free that you
    >> don't have to buy?

    http://www.isc.ro/

    online play.. Nice.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin