    servers available.

    Can anyone recommend a good free service.

    Thanks

    species8350, Sep 21, 2008

  2. I think Gmail offers all of that. I'm sure they are pretty popular and
    can't go wrong. Someone who has it may be better able to assist.

    Matt Michaels, Sep 21, 2008

  3. species8350

    chuckcar Guest

    species8350 <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
    > servers available.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a good free service.

    Define what you mean by "good" what level of privacy/security do you want?
    how much downtime/annum will you tolerate? which pop type do you wish?
    details are kind of relevant for an answer.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 21, 2008
  4. chuckcar wrote:

    > species8350 <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
    >> servers available.
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend a good free service.
    >>

    > Define what you mean by "good" what level of privacy/security do you want?
    > how much downtime/annum will you tolerate? which pop type do you wish?

    What POP types are there?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 21, 2008
  5. species8350

    chuckcar Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> species8350 <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
    >>> servers available.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone recommend a good free service.
    >>>

    >> Define what you mean by "good" what level of privacy/security do you
    >> want? how much downtime/annum will you tolerate? which pop type do you
    >> wish?

    > What POP types are there?

    real pop servers and the M$ web-based crap they use in some cheapo isps.
    pophm is the first part of the DNS of one I know of.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 21, 2008
  6. species8350

    Plato Guest

    species8350 wrote:

    > I have noticed that there are a number of free pop and free smtp
    > servers available.

    Generally, the best are NOT free.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/