    Mark Ferrante
    Click here eveyday to feed a rescued animal:

    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

    M. FERRANTE, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Mark,

    Sorry about your loss. To be honest, no matter who is hosting my
    photos, I always keep backup copies. You never know who goes out of
    business when.

    Now, as far as free hosting, it really depends on what features you are
    looking for. If you can give us some more details, the folks here can
    give you better recommendations.

    Let's assume you have pretty basic needs and just want to have a way
    for your family to see the photos. In that case I recommend you use one
    of the major online photo developing services--they all offer free
    photo sharing. Please read the fine print because some will keep your
    photos only for 12 months is you do not purchase anything. The last
    time I checked, Snapfish was the only one that did not dump your photos
    without purchase (Kodak and PhotoWorks require some purchase to keep
    the photos for another 12 months).

    If you want more details, here is an article I wrote on this topic:
    http://flyingsamphoto.com/digital-photo-guide-article-013.shtml

    Charlie

    Charles Kerekes, Jul 1, 2005

  3. M. FERRANTE

    Jack Rosier Guest

    "M. FERRANTE" <> wrote in message
    snip...
    > Can someone recommend some sites where I can post pics to share with
    > others. I am on disability and fixed income, so free things help out,
    > but if there is a remarkable site that does not cost much, I would
    > consider that as well (I'll just eat dog food for the rest of the
    > month;)

    Check out www.fotki.com
    They offer a free account with 10MB storage or unlimited storage for
    $52/yr.
    I have found the site easy to use and the several prints that I have ordered
    are very good quality and relatively inexpensive.
    I just got an 8x10 and a 11x14 for $5.95 total, delivered.
    Jack

    Jack Rosier, Jul 1, 2005