    What I am looking to do is find a way I can call my home free then have the
    laptop forward my call to another number hence giving me free phone calls
    over my broadband calling from my mobile.

    carololine, Aug 7, 2006

  2. carololine

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:54:57 GMT, "carololine" <> wrote:

    >I live in the UK and have free calls to any landline such as my home.
    >
    >I have broadband on my laptop but use NTL not a phone line.
    >
    >What I am looking to do is find a way I can call my home free then have the
    >laptop forward my call to another number hence giving me free phone calls
    >over my broadband calling from my mobile.

    Huh?

    You want to call your house from your mobile phone, then have your
    house call somewhere else?

    Why?

    You will still be using airtime on your cell phone.

    What's the point?

    Evan Platt, Aug 7, 2006

  3. carololine

    carololine Guest

    The airtime on the mobile is free. I have free calls to any landline.

    carololine, Aug 7, 2006
  4. carololine

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:30:32 GMT, "carololine" <> wrote:

    >The airtime on the mobile is free. I have free calls to any landline.

    Ok, so then why would you need to call anywhere from your home?

    I don't get it.

    Perhaps explaining what you want to accomplish and why it won't work
    calling from your cell phone would help - ie "I want to call my house
    from my cell phone, and then have my house call my brother Jim,
    because calling Jim from my home is free, but if I call Jim from my
    cell phone, it costs money."

    Evan Platt, Aug 7, 2006
  5. carololine

    carololine Guest

    Calls to my the home landline are free.
    I want to use my home broadband to call Internationally which from my mobile
    is not free.

    If I can call my home ( free ) then access the laptop broadband to call
    International I will have free phone calls around the world from my mobile.

    What I am looking to do is us the broadband on the laptop as it would a
    switchboard giving me an outside line or switching me to another number
    around the world.

    What I what is to call the laptop then have it give me access to call
    worldwide by the dial tone.

    carololine, Aug 7, 2006
  6. carololine

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <BMNBg.49861$>, carololine
    <> writes
    >I live in the UK and have free calls to any landline such as my home.
    >
    >I have broadband on my laptop but use NTL not a phone line.
    >
    >What I am looking to do is find a way I can call my home free then have the
    >laptop forward my call to another number hence giving me free phone calls
    >over my broadband calling from my mobile.

    I cannot think of any easy and cheap way to achieve that.

    I suggest using an alternative method, such as <http://www.1899.com/>.

    There's more information at <http://www.call1899.co.uk/mobilerates.php>
    specifically about their call rates from mobiles.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

    Martin Jay, Aug 7, 2006
  7. carololine

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:13:57 GMT, "carololine" <> wrote:

    >Calls to my the home landline are free.
    >I want to use my home broadband to call Internationally which from my mobile
    >is not free.
    >
    >If I can call my home ( free ) then access the laptop broadband to call
    >International I will have free phone calls around the world from my mobile.
    >
    >What I am looking to do is us the broadband on the laptop as it would a
    >switchboard giving me an outside line or switching me to another number
    >around the world.
    >
    >What I what is to call the laptop then have it give me access to call
    >worldwide by the dial tone.

    I don't think there's any way possible to do that - not at least any
    cost effective way of doing so.

    Regardless, what would happen when someone else calls your home phone?
    They'd be able to call anywhere too.

    BAD IDEA.

    Evan Platt, Aug 8, 2006
  8. carololine

    carololine Guest

    I think this system or a similar system is being used by companies offer
    cheap international call.
    I make calls using www.teledirect.com which gives cheap calls to the USA at
    1p per minute.
    The voices sound the same as using Skype so I assume when I call the access
    number its just switches me to internet calls over something like Skype, it
    may be that it is Skype.

    If they can do it why cant I and why only from my laptop.
    If I can find a way to get my free mobile phone calls directed by my home
    laptop then I have free calls.

    carololine, Aug 8, 2006
  9. carololine

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:05:56 GMT, "carololine" <> wrote:

    >I think this system or a similar system is being used by companies offer
    >cheap international call.
    >I make calls using www.teledirect.com which gives cheap calls to the USA at
    >1p per minute.
    >The voices sound the same as using Skype so I assume when I call the access
    >number its just switches me to internet calls over something like Skype, it
    >may be that it is Skype.
    >
    >If they can do it why cant I and why only from my laptop.

    Because they aren't using a laptop, and they aren't using free
    software. Likely, they have thousands, if not millions of dollars in
    hardware and software.

    Evan Platt, Aug 8, 2006