    --

    I am just curious if there are any FREE online virus scans. Please reply to
    group.
    joe, Oct 7, 2003

  2. joe

    Boomer Guest

    joe wrote:

    Google.com
    Boomer, Oct 7, 2003

  3. joe

    Kenny Guest

    Trend Housecall:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    It's no substitute for an installed up to date AV program.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Oct 7, 2003
  4. joe

    Bryan Guest

  5. joe

    trout Guest

    joe wrote:
    <text snipped by client>

    You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place your
    message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a signature).
    As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash, space, return')
    is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.
    --
    "Exactly as they are supposed to."
    trout, Oct 7, 2003
  6. joe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    trout said:

    > joe wrote:
    > <text snipped by client>
    >
    > You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place your
    > message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a signature).
    > As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash, space, return')
    > is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

    joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman
    Brian H¹©, Oct 7, 2003
  7. joe

    Harrison Guest

    Thanks for that heads up.

    Harrison, Oct 7, 2003
  8. joe

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  9. joe

    trout Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > trout said:
    >
    >> joe wrote:
    >> <text snipped by client>
    >>
    >> You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place
    >> your message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a
    >> signature). As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash,
    >> space, return')
    >> is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

    > joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

    Are there any free online idiot scanners?
    --
    "Oy."
    trout, Oct 7, 2003
  10. joe

    Mara Guest

  11. joe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    trout said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> trout said:
    >>
    >>> joe wrote:
    >>> <text snipped by client>
    >>>
    >>> You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place
    >>> your message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a
    >>> signature). As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash,
    >>> space, return')
    >>> is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

    >> joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

    > Are there any free online idiot scanners?

    Someone could get rich ;-)
    Brian H¹©, Oct 7, 2003
  12. joe

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:44:10 -0500, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:14:39 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >>New one added from the makers of eZ Antivirus, FYI.

    <snip>
    >>http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx

    <snip>

    >Thank you. :)

    YW. :)
    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  13. joe

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:40:34 -0700, in
    <blvfdq$gdrki$-berlin.de>
    trout scrawled:

    >Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> trout said:
    >>
    >>> joe wrote:
    >>> <text snipped by client>
    >>>
    >>> You need to do something about your signature delimiter. Place
    >>> your message above it (or remove it, as you're not using a
    >>> signature). As you can see, anything below it ( the 'dash, dash,
    >>> space, return')
    >>> is snipped automatically in replies by many news clients.

    >> joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

    > Are there any free online idiot scanners?

    Have you tried NFILTER? You can score/flag/drop etc. posts on any
    header.
    http://www.nfilter.org/
    http://www.nfilter.org/faq.html

    --
    "There's always a common denominator."
    °Mike°, Oct 7, 2003
  14. joe

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:40:34 -0700, in
    > <blvfdq$gdrki$-berlin.de>
    > trout scrawled:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:

    <snip>

    >>> joe is the yellow submarine aka dewman

    >> Are there any free online idiot scanners?

    > Have you tried NFILTER? You can score/flag/drop etc. posts on any
    > header.
    > http://www.nfilter.org/
    > http://www.nfilter.org/faq.html

    Actually; that's not a bad idea (even though I wasn't being
    serious). I don't necessarily want to *block* most of the morph-monkeys;
    but it would be handy to hang a tag on some.
    --
    "You can imagine who comes to mind, besides the dip du jour."
    trout, Oct 8, 2003
  15. joe

    Bryan Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:29:39 +0100, in
    > <6eGgb.9117$>
    > Bryan scrawled:
    >
    >> "joe" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Online Antivirus scanners:
    >> --------------------------
    >> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
    >> http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
    >> http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp
    >> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan.asp
    >> http://commandondemand.com/eval/index.cfm
    >> http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]
    >> http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
    >> http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp
    >> http://scan.sygatetech.com/prestealthscan.html
    >>
    >> ** Caveat:
    >> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html
    >>
    >> "Hats off" to... ?
    >>
    >> somebody here! (I know, I know! lol )

    > New one added from the makers of eZ Antivirus, FYI.
    >
    > Online Antivirus scanners:
    > --------------------------
    > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
    > http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
    > http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx
    > http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp
    > http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/activescan.asp
    > http://commandondemand.com/eval/index.cfm
    > http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]
    > http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
    > http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/default.asp
    > http://scan.sygatetech.com/prestealthscan.html
    >
    > ** Caveat:
    > http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Cheers Mike!
    :)
    Bryan, Oct 8, 2003
  16. joe

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 8, 2003
  17. joe

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:04:15 -0700, in
    <blvgq9$gas53$-berlin.de>
    trout scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:40:34 -0700, in
    >> <blvfdq$gdrki$-berlin.de>
    >> trout scrawled:
    >>
    >>> Brian H¹© wrote:

    ><snip>

    >>> Are there any free online idiot scanners?

    >> Have you tried NFILTER? You can score/flag/drop etc. posts on any
    >> header.
    >> http://www.nfilter.org/
    >> http://www.nfilter.org/faq.html

    > Actually; that's not a bad idea (even though I wasn't being
    >serious). I don't necessarily want to *block* most of the morph-monkeys;
    >but it would be handy to hang a tag on some.

    I don't use it all of the time, but it sure does work when there's
    just too much noise to hear the questions.
    °Mike°, Oct 8, 2003