Free notepad replacement

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Dos-Man, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Dos-Man

    Dos-Man Guest

    Hello to the members of this newsgroup.

    I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
    This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
    Unicode
    support and complete control over your favorites. A commercial version
    is available which has more features.

    Support Page
    http://www.bee.net/prime-time/legacypad.html

    Full download
    http://www.bee.net/prime-time/legacypadlite.zip

    Update download (executable and doc files only)
    http://www.bee.net/prime-time/lplexecutable.zip

    Thanks for your time!
    dos-man
    (author)

    Dos-Man, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Dos-Man

    derek / nul Guest

    On 7 Jul 2004 07:09:10 -0700, (Dos-Man) wrote:

    >Hello to the members of this newsgroup.
    >
    >I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
    >This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
    >Unicode support

    What is missing from the unicode support?

    derek / nul, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Dos-Man

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jul 8, 2004

    Plato wrote:
    > douglas wrote:
    >>
    >> XP will remember only 400 different folder settings. Any idea how to
    >> increase this number please?

    > http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/115.htm#3

    plagiarised, of course...

    First the plagiarised question at bootdisk.com

    Kevin J. N. writes - Every time I go to a folder in Windows explorer, it
    displays icons, I always change it to display details, but next time I go to
    that folder, it is back to icons again. I have checked the box to remember
    view settings in folder options, but it wont remember my view settings. Can
    anyone tell me how to fix this??
    Also, whenever I browse for a file, all the files are not in alphabetic
    order, I can right click and alphabetize them, but it is a pain. Is there
    any way I can set it so the files are automatically alphabetized??

    ***************************************
    The plagiarised ORIGINAL question...
    ***************************************

    From: "Kevin J. Nielsen" <>
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
    Subject: explorer doesnt remember view settings, files not alphabetized
    Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:56:35 GMT

    Every time I go to a folder in Windows explorer, it displays icons, I always
    change it to display details, but next time I go to that folder, it is back
    to icons again. I have checked the box to remember view settings in folder
    options, but it wont remember my view settings.
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this??

    Thank You

    Also, whenever I browse for a file, all the files are not in alphabetic
    order, I can right click and alphabetize them, but it is a pain. Is there
    any way I can set it so the files are automatically alphabetized??

    Thank You

    Kevin Nielsen

    And now the plagiarised answer at bootdisk.com
    Kelly responds:
    Windows remembers 400 folder settings. When that number is reached some
    settings aren't retained any longer. You can change this to 8000 by adding
    this edit to the registry.

    Run this edit, then reset your preferred folder options:

    Increase Folder View Options Limit: (Line 2):

    To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and
    answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right
    clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

    Plato the PLAGIARIST, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Dos-Man

    Ian Moyce Guest

    Dos-Man wrote:
    >> Hello to the members of this newsgroup.
    >>
    >> I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
    >> This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
    >> Unicode
    >> support and complete control over your favorites. A commercial
    >> version is available which has more features.

    Long Live VIM! Free and full.

    Ian Moyce, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Dos-Man

    Dos-Man Guest

    derek / nul <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 7 Jul 2004 07:09:10 -0700, (Dos-Man) wrote:
    >
    > >Hello to the members of this newsgroup.
    > >
    > >I invite you to check out my freeware text editor, Legacy Pad Lite.
    > >This is a high quality notepad replacement that includes nearly full
    > >Unicode support

    > What is missing from the unicode support?

    Unicode files are limited to 4 MBs. I may be able to overcome this
    eventually.

    But what is really missing is the ability to write big-endian Unicode.
    It can read this format but not write it. Again, given enough time I may
    be able to add this.

    dos-man

    Dos-Man, Jul 8, 2004
  7. Dos-Man