    jan bagge Guest

    Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    payment

    jan bagge, Jul 8, 2005

  2. jan bagge

    TJ Guest

    jan bagge <> wrote:

    > Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    > payment

    Where to find tickets to concerts where i dont have to use a service or make
    payment

    --
    "The ****-Up fairy doesn't just randomly visit people."
    {Wheat Muncher tells it like it is in 24hoursupport.helpdesk.}

    TJ, Jul 8, 2005

  3. jan bagge

    jan bagge Guest

    TJ" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > jan bagge <> wrote:
    >
    >> Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    >> payment

    > Where to find tickets to concerts where i dont have to use a service or
    > make payment
    >
    > --
    > "The ****-Up fairy doesn't just randomly visit people."
    > {Wheat Muncher tells it like it is in 24hoursupport.helpdesk.}

    As a matter of fact i am writing tru a free news server right now to help me
    or get lost

    jan bagge, Jul 8, 2005
  4. jan bagge

    John Holmes Guest

    jan bagge blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    > payment

    You lazy ****.
    1 - 10 of about 66,300,000 for free news server. (0.37 seconds)

    --
    Your mother was a heavy-duty swamp thing who used to breed cacti in a
    closely guarded military establishment.

    John Holmes, Jul 8, 2005
  5. jan bagge

    jan bagge Guest

    where to find the servers...

    ect .. news.tele.dk
    sunset.euc.dk

    jan bagge, Jul 8, 2005
  6. jan bagge

    TJ Guest

    jan bagge <> wrote:

    > TJ" <> skrev

    >>> Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP
    >>> or payment

    >> Where to find tickets to concerts where i dont have to use a service
    >> or make payment

    > As a matter of fact i am writing tru a free news server right now to
    > help me or get lost

    And I won't need an ISP to connect to it?

    Cool.

    Please provide details when you're finished. I can't *WAIT* to see how you
    accomplish such a monu'mental' task.

    TJ, Jul 8, 2005
  7. jan bagge

    elaich Guest

    "jan bagge" <> wrote in news:42cec92c$0$18645$14726298
    @news.sunsite.dk:

    > Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    > payment

    Most of them are unreliable. I use news.individual.net, which charges 10
    Euros a year ($12.95 USD.) Dirt cheap and never down.

    --
    "This space for rent."

    elaich, Jul 8, 2005
  8. jan bagge

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:42:39 +0200, "jan bagge" <>
    wrote:

    >Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    >payment

    If you are willing to pay $3.95 U.S. ONCE and no monthly fee you can
    get a limited (50 megs/day d/l) teranews.com account.

    The Free University of Berlin (individual.net) used to have a free
    news server but they now charge 10 Euros/year. They don't have any
    binary groups or at least didn't when they were free.

    You can also do a Google search for free and newsserver or NNTP. Some
    news servers start out free by design or accident and then they get
    abused and the axe drops.

    Joel Rubin, Jul 8, 2005
  9. jan bagge

    TJ Guest

    elaich <> wrote:

    > "jan bagge" <> wrote in
    > news:42cec92c$0$18645$14726298 @news.sunsite.dk:
    >
    >> Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    >> payment

    > Most of them are unreliable. I use news.individual.net, which charges
    > 10 Euros a year ($12.95 USD.) Dirt cheap and never down.

    Shhhhh! Don't you know?

    He's building his own server.

    And he's building it to specs where you won't even need an ISP to connect to
    it!

    How cool is that?

    TJ, Jul 8, 2005
  10. jan bagge

    jan bagge Guest

    http://www.teranews.com/

    jan bagge, Jul 8, 2005
  11. jan bagge

    John Holmes Guest

    jan bagge blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > where to find the servers...
    >
    > ect .. news.tele.dk
    > sunset.euc.dk

    You /do/ know how to use a news client application, now do you?

    --
    Your mother was a disgraceful bugbear who could be seen at parties under
    the influence of alcohol.

    John Holmes, Jul 8, 2005
  12. jan bagge

    Jamco Guest

    Seeing as you seem to be simple minded and confused, I do beleive when he
    said " Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    payment "
    he probably meant he wanted to connect to a free news server, and he was
    excluding the free news server that most ISP provide.
    So he would need an internet connection, but does not want to use that ISP's
    news server.

    Make sense, or do I need to draw you a picture?

    Jamco, Jul 8, 2005
  13. jan bagge

    John Holmes Guest

    Jamco blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Make sense, or do I need to draw you a picture?

    A picture of nikked gals?
    Yes, please!

    --
    Your mother was an oblivious felon who used to bury treasure in brothels.

    John Holmes, Jul 8, 2005
  14. jan bagge

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:57:50 +0200, "jan bagge" <>
    wrote:

    >As a matter of fact i am writing tru a free news server right now to help me
    >or get lost

    Didn't quite pass the 6th grade yet did we?

    Evan Platt, Jul 8, 2005
  15. jan bagge

    Pat Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:31:47 GMT, "Jamco" <> wrote:

    >Seeing as you seem to be simple minded and confused, I do beleive when he
    >said " Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP or
    >payment "
    >he probably meant he wanted to connect to a free news server, and he was
    >excluding the free news server that most ISP provide.
    >So he would need an internet connection, but does not want to use that ISP's
    >news server.
    >
    >Make sense, or do I need to draw you a picture?

    I'd like to see the picture :).

    --
    Pat

    Pat, Jul 8, 2005
  16. jan bagge

    trout Guest

    jan bagge wrote:
    > TJ" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> jan bagge <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Where to find news server where i dont have to use som kind of ISP
    >>> or payment

    >> Where to find tickets to concerts where i dont have to use a service
    >> or make payment

    > As a matter of fact i am writing tru a free news server right now to
    > help me or get lost

    Well, Mission Accomplished, then. Enjoy the free service.
    --
    Perhaps you'd enjoy a fluffy pillow, or some cachews?

    trout, Jul 9, 2005
  17. jan bagge

    elaich Guest

    Joel Rubin <> wrote in news:giAze.19508$eM6.2983
    @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > If you are willing to pay $3.95 U.S. ONCE and no monthly fee you can
    > get a limited (50 megs/day d/l) teranews.com account.

    Teranews should be renamed Terriblenews. Please don't recommend this POS to
    anybody. It has serious dependability issues. Right now it's offline
    frequently, and other times problems uploading headers with major retention
    issues.

    I've been using it for 3 years for binaries. I'd never recommend it to
    anybody as their primary newsserver.

    --
    "This space for rent."

    elaich, Jul 9, 2005