Free Nero V9 download...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Burke, Aug 2, 2009.

  1. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    I haven't installed it yet, and going by the comments below, I dont
    think I'll bother...

    ====
    From GRC Latest Versions newsgroup
    I've downloaded this application and tried it.
    Here's what I've discovered...

    - It appears to run just fine.
    - The UI seems to be designed around showing off the features you could
    have if you bought the full version.
    - It will not burn ISO images.
    - I can't figure out by reading the EULA what the distribution policy of
    this free application is.

    The lack of ISO burning was a show stopper for me.
    Granted... I could be doing something wrong. However, I believe I'll
    just look for a different application to burn with.

    Otherwise, if you want a name-brand Data Burning application, this
    should work for you.
    (Just remember to de-select the Ask.com toolbar. ;-) )

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Aug 2, 2009

  2. Max Burke

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-08-01, Max Burke <> wrote:
    > I haven't installed it yet, and going by the comments below, I dont
    > think I'll bother...
    >
    >====
    > From GRC Latest Versions newsgroup
    > I've downloaded this application and tried it.
    > Here's what I've discovered...
    >
    > - It appears to run just fine.
    > - The UI seems to be designed around showing off the features you could
    > have if you bought the full version.
    > - It will not burn ISO images.
    > - I can't figure out by reading the EULA what the distribution policy of
    > this free application is.
    >
    > The lack of ISO burning was a show stopper for me.
    > Granted... I could be doing something wrong. However, I believe I'll
    > just look for a different application to burn with.
    >
    > Otherwise, if you want a name-brand Data Burning application, this
    > should work for you.
    > (Just remember to de-select the Ask.com toolbar. ;-) )

    Hi, now are you are wee bit wiser? :)

    In the $$, I must have world, it called advertising. Been around before
    phishing.

    Meanwhile OSS, or do not pay for software is just wandering onto the playing
    field from all drirections. To hell woth the platform. Ms Penguin says that
    she started the idea, well Richard did.

    The point is watch this and any space. As the saying goes.

    Gordon, Aug 2, 2009

  3. Max Burke

    Max Burke Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2009-08-01, Max Burke <> wrote:
    >> I haven't installed it yet, and going by the comments below, I dont
    >> think I'll bother...

    > Hi, now are you are wee bit wiser? :)

    About OSS and Linux?

    I was wised up to the failings of both years ago.
    And my current experiments with both haven't changed that one bit.

    Both are mildly interesting to play with, but that's about all...

    Snip the usual...

    can see now why Linux users talk up being able to use the 'command line'
    so much.
    Quite often it's the only way you can get anything to work in linux...

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Aug 2, 2009
  4. Max Burke

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Max Burke wrote:
    > I haven't installed it yet, and going by the comments below, I dont
    > think I'll bother...
    >
    > ====
    > From GRC Latest Versions newsgroup
    > I've downloaded this application and tried it.
    > Here's what I've discovered...
    >
    > - It appears to run just fine.
    > - The UI seems to be designed around showing off the features you
    > could have if you bought the full version.
    > - It will not burn ISO images.
    > - I can't figure out by reading the EULA what the distribution policy
    > of this free application is.
    >
    > The lack of ISO burning was a show stopper for me.
    > Granted... I could be doing something wrong. However, I believe I'll
    > just look for a different application to burn with.
    >
    > Otherwise, if you want a name-brand Data Burning application, this
    > should work for you.
    > (Just remember to de-select the Ask.com toolbar. ;-) )

    Hmmm. I sometimes burn ISOs, just fine BTW with Nero 6.

    I've got that bloody Ask.com toolbar de-select thing with quite a few
    applications now (including the last update for Nero 6). Suffice to say I
    don't just blithely click through installing things anymore.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 2, 2009
  5. In message <h53p44$sch$-september.org>, Max Burke wrote:

    > can see now why Linux users talk up being able to use the 'command line'
    > so much.
    > Quite often it's the only way you can get anything to work in linux...

    Still, less of a risk to your system than doing a Dimdows Registry edit...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 2, 2009
  6. Max Burke

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Aug 2, 2009
  7. Max Burke

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >> Hmmm. I sometimes burn ISOs, just fine BTW with Nero 6.

    > CDBurnerXP if you want a full blown app to deal with ISOs.
    > http://www.cdburnerxp.se/
    >
    > Otherwise the ISO powertoy works well as a quick, lightweight
    > solution. http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

    Thanks for the links. Australian PC User mag also recently wrote their own
    burning suite [on cover disc] which is supposed to be quite good. I've just
    not tried anything else as Nero 6 is still going good. However, nothing
    works forever...

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2009
  8. Max Burke

    victor Guest

    Max Burke wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> On 2009-08-01, Max Burke <> wrote:
    >>> I haven't installed it yet, and going by the comments below, I dont
    >>> think I'll bother...

    >> Hi, now are you are wee bit wiser? :)

    > About OSS and Linux?
    >
    > I was wised up to the failings of both years ago.
    > And my current experiments with both haven't changed that one bit.
    >
    > Both are mildly interesting to play with, but that's about all...
    >
    > Snip the usual...
    >
    > can see now why Linux users talk up being able to use the 'command line'
    > so much.
    > Quite often it's the only way you can get anything to work in linux...

    I'm surprised you haven't got a Mac yet.

    victor, Aug 3, 2009
  9. Max Burke

    John Guest

    On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 16:33:52 +1200, geoff wrote:

    > Woger wrote:
    >>

    >> Totally useless

    > Hi there Mr Totally Useless.
    >
    > geoff

    You'll have to stop looking in the mirror Geoff.

    John, Aug 4, 2009