    can take them again until you pass.

    Well worth it but you need to be quick if you want to win a freebie.
    Else there are 5000 free assessments available.

    Paul_Jones, Mar 30, 2010

  2. Paul_Jones

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:13:59 +0100, Paul_Jones
    <> wrote:

    >Got an email today from MS for:
    >"The Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal, built by The Test Factory, is
    >a free assessment and training portal that will help make deploying
    >Windows 7 as simple as the operating system itself. "
    >
    >The first 500 to take all the tests and pass them (11 tests in total)
    >receive a voucher to sit 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam and the first
    >150 will also receive the 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam study guide.
    >
    >well I just passed all 11 and am in the first 150.
    >Wahoo.
    >Took a couple of hours and failed most of them the first time but you
    >can take them again until you pass.
    >
    >Well worth it but you need to be quick if you want to win a freebie.
    >Else there are 5000 free assessments available.

    The link to register is:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/windows/ff470986.aspx?ITPID=proplan

    Paul_Jones, Mar 30, 2010

  3. Paul_Jones

    Chris M Guest

    On 30/03/2010 22:41, Paul_Jones wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:13:59 +0100, Paul_Jones
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Got an email today from MS for:
    >> "The Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal, built by The Test Factory, is
    >> a free assessment and training portal that will help make deploying
    >> Windows 7 as simple as the operating system itself. "
    >>
    >> The first 500 to take all the tests and pass them (11 tests in total)
    >> receive a voucher to sit 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam and the first
    >> 150 will also receive the 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam study guide.
    >>
    >> well I just passed all 11 and am in the first 150.
    >> Wahoo.
    >> Took a couple of hours and failed most of them the first time but you
    >> can take them again until you pass.
    >>
    >> Well worth it but you need to be quick if you want to win a freebie.
    >> Else there are 5000 free assessments available.

    > The link to register is:
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/windows/ff470986.aspx?ITPID=proplan

    Thanks for that, I completed the modules just now and I am also in the
    first 150.

    --
    Chris M.

    Chris M, Apr 1, 2010
  4. Paul_Jones

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:35:14 +0100, Chris M <>
    wrote:

    >On 30/03/2010 22:41, Paul_Jones wrote:
    >> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:13:59 +0100, Paul_Jones
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Got an email today from MS for:
    >>> "The Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal, built by The Test Factory, is
    >>> a free assessment and training portal that will help make deploying
    >>> Windows 7 as simple as the operating system itself. "
    >>>
    >>> The first 500 to take all the tests and pass them (11 tests in total)
    >>> receive a voucher to sit 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam and the first
    >>> 150 will also receive the 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam study guide.
    >>>
    >>> well I just passed all 11 and am in the first 150.
    >>> Wahoo.
    >>> Took a couple of hours and failed most of them the first time but you
    >>> can take them again until you pass.
    >>>
    >>> Well worth it but you need to be quick if you want to win a freebie.
    >>> Else there are 5000 free assessments available.

    >> The link to register is:
    >> http://technet.microsoft.com/windows/ff470986.aspx?ITPID=proplan

    >Thanks for that, I completed the modules just now and I am also in the
    >first 150.

    Sweet.
    My copy of the 70-680 training kit/kook turned up today :)

    Paul_Jones, Apr 1, 2010
  5. Paul_Jones

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:32:04 +0100, Paul_Jones
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:35:14 +0100, Chris M <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On 30/03/2010 22:41, Paul_Jones wrote:

    >>> The link to register is:
    >>> http://technet.microsoft.com/windows/ff470986.aspx?ITPID=proplan

    >>Thanks for that, I completed the modules just now and I am also in the
    >>first 150.

    >Sweet.
    >My copy of the 70-680 training kit/kook turned up today :)

    Kook LOL. Book I mean. Delivered by DHL.

    Now I need to bury my head in this for a week or two.

    Also I just registered for the second shot at:
    http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/SS_MCP_form.htm?s=ssm
    Now I get two goes at the 70-680 exam for free.

    Paul_Jones, Apr 1, 2010
  6. Paul_Jones

    Chris M Guest

    On 01/04/2010 18:45, Paul_Jones wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:32:04 +0100, Paul_Jones
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:35:14 +0100, Chris M<>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Thanks for that, I completed the modules just now and I am also in the
    >>> first 150.

    >> Sweet.
    >> My copy of the 70-680 training kit/kook turned up today :)

    > Kook LOL. Book I mean. Delivered by DHL.
    >
    > Now I need to bury my head in this for a week or two.
    >
    > Also I just registered for the second shot at:
    > http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/SS_MCP_form.htm?s=ssm
    > Now I get two goes at the 70-680 exam for free.

    I'd be surprised if the Prometric site will let you use the free exam
    voucher code and the second shot voucher code at the same time... worth
    a try though!

    --
    Chris M.

    Chris M, Apr 1, 2010
  7. Paul_Jones

    John Guest

    Well....this irks me. I took the tests, pass them all. Got my results,
    clicked the book link. Got a page saying I won...and to enter my voucher
    number...

    but I didn't get a voucher number...so...does that mean I got squat?

    John, Apr 2, 2010
  8. Paul_Jones

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 20:48:09 -0500, "John" <> wrote:

    >Well....this irks me. I took the tests, pass them all. Got my results,
    >clicked the book link. Got a page saying I won...and to enter my voucher
    >number...
    >
    >but I didn't get a voucher number...so...does that mean I got squat?

    If you log back in to the site you should be able to see your 'Record of
    Achievement' at the bottom of the page.
    This should contain your voucher codes (if you won anything). With the
    speed of the take up so far I would expect you had won at least a free
    70-680 exam?

    Paul_Jones, Apr 2, 2010
  9. Paul_Jones

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 22:16:21 +0100, Chris M <>
    wrote:

    >On 01/04/2010 18:45, Paul_Jones wrote:
    >> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:32:04 +0100, Paul_Jones
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Also I just registered for the second shot at:
    >> http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/SS_MCP_form.htm?s=ssm
    >> Now I get two goes at the 70-680 exam for free.

    >I'd be surprised if the Prometric site will let you use the free exam
    >voucher code and the second shot voucher code at the same time... worth
    >a try though!

    I never thought about that.

    The only date available, at my preferred centre, for me to take the exam
    was for next week which is too soon. So could not put it to the test.
    I think I will email ProMetric to see if it is possible.

    Paul_Jones, Apr 2, 2010
  10. Paul_Jones

    Your Name Guest

    nope...no voucher codes. Sucks to be me I guess.

    Your Name, Apr 2, 2010
  11. "Paul_Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Got an email today from MS for:
    > "The Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal, built by The Test Factory, is
    > a free assessment and training portal that will help make deploying
    > Windows 7 as simple as the operating system itself. "
    >
    > The first 500 to take all the tests and pass them (11 tests in total)
    > receive a voucher to sit 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam and the first
    > 150 will also receive the 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam study guide.

    The website T&C says this is for UK residents only???

    Most interesting. . . first time I've seen a Microsoft.com promo that:
    [a] Wasn't US only, and
    Wasn't available to US residents at all!

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 2, 2010
  12. "Paul_Jones" <> wrote in message

    > The link to register is:
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/windows/ff470986.aspx?ITPID=proplan

    Of course, what's really amusing is that this link takes you to a page in
    the ==en-us== content tree!

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 2, 2010
  13. Paul_Jones

    Paul_Jones Guest

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:35:09 -0500, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >"Paul_Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Got an email today from MS for:
    >> "The Windows 7 Deployment Learning Portal, built by The Test Factory, is
    >> a free assessment and training portal that will help make deploying
    >> Windows 7 as simple as the operating system itself. "
    >>
    >> The first 500 to take all the tests and pass them (11 tests in total)
    >> receive a voucher to sit 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam and the first
    >> 150 will also receive the 70-680 Configuring Windows 7 Exam study guide.

    >The website T&C says this is for UK residents only???

    I never read them, but I did suspect this was the case when the take-up
    seemed so slow.
    I was expecting to have missed out on the freebies when I took the
    tests, 8 hours after I received the email. Thought maybe I had caught
    those in the US napping ;)

    >Most interesting. . . first time I've seen a Microsoft.com promo that:
    >[a] Wasn't US only, and
    > Wasn't available to US residents at all!

    Most unusual. Well as a Brit I hope this ([a]) is the first of many :)

    Paul_Jones, Apr 2, 2010
  14. Paul_Jones

    wrote:

    >On 01/04/2010 18:45, Paul_Jones wrote:
    >> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:32:04 +0100, Paul_Jones
    >> Also I just registered for the second shot at:
    >> http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/SS_MCP_form.htm?s=ssm
    >> Now I get two goes at the 70-680 exam for free.

    >I'd be surprised if the Prometric site will let you use the free exam
    >voucher code and the second shot voucher code at the same time... worth
    >a try though!

    Looks like you are correct (I just received an email reply):
    ----------------
    "Please be informed that you will be able to use either of the two
    vouchers; but not both at the same time for your exam registration.

    Also be informed, you may use only one voucher (for complete/partial
    payment) per exam registration. In case you wish to avail the second
    shot offer, you may use the second shot voucher provided by Microsoft
    for the exam registration. You will have to pay the balance amount using
    a credit card while registering online or you may contact the contact
    center/testing site regarding the same.

    We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if
    further assistance is needed."

    Still. I very much doubt I will need a second shot at this, 70-680,
    exam.
    The practice tests in the book are easy enough, which, to me, is usually
    indicative of my likelihood on passing a live exam.
    Never failed one yet but in the 70-291 I did get a score of 700 (and 700
    was the pass mark), which was cutting it a bit fine.
    Annoying really as I will never have any *bragging rights* with this
    exam result ;)

    Paul_Jones, Apr 5, 2010