Free Microsoft Certified Professional exam for Developers

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Chris Boar [MS], May 5, 2004.

  1. Microsoft has a limited number of spaces available for candidates to take
    the beta exam 71-330 Implementing Security for Applications with Microsoft
    Visual Basic .NET (exam number 70-330 when finally released). I apologize
    that time is limited to take this exam, the last date the exam is available
    is May 9th 2004.

    This exam will hold elective credit towards the Microsoft Certifications
    MCSD.NET and MCAD.NET.

    For detailed information about this exam, including the typical audience for
    this exam please see http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-330.asp

    Please note, with a beta exam your exam provider cannot inform you if you
    have passed or failed immediately. You will be notified as soon as possible
    after the beta period and the data has been processed.

    Spaces for this beta exam will be provided on a first come first served
    basis. The exam is available world-wide with the exception of China.

    To register for this exam please review the information at the end of this
    post.
    Thanks for your help
    --
    Chris Boar
    Developer Product Planner

    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and
    confers no rights.

    Beta Exam 71-330: Implementing Security for Applications with Microsoft®
    Visual Basic® .NET
    Beta examinations have limited availability so please follow the
    registration information below to make your reservation.

    **Registration Information**

    Note: You will be given four hours to complete the beta exam. Please plan
    accordingly.

    Testing is held at Prometric and Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide,
    although this exam may not be available in all countries. You must register
    at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam. Contact your exam provider for
    seat availability, which is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
    This exam will have limited availability and will be offered for a limited
    time.

    Please register for the exam only if you intend to take the exam, and
    register as soon as you receive this notice.

    Beta exam period ends: May 9th, 2004

    Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam:

    To register for this exam use the code DVBNET

    These beta periods are subject to change.

    To register for this exam or for information about testing centers in your
    area, call:

    a.. Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)
    b.. VUE: 800 TEST REGistration (800-837-8734)

    Outside the U.S./Canada, please visit the following Web sites for
    registration information:

    a.. Prometric: http://www.register.prometric.com/ClientInformation.asp
    b.. VUE: http://www.vue.com/ms/

    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Information on the World Wide Web

    For more information, visit the MCP Web site at
    http://www.microsoft.com/mcp/, write to or call
    800-636-7544.

    Specific pages that answer some frequently asked questions are listed below.

    What is a beta exam?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.asp

    Where can I learn more about the registration process?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/register/default.asp

    How do I prepare for this exam?

    When will my beta exam results be available?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.asp#D

    Where can I learn more about the beta exam invitation process?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/beta.asp

    How can I learn more about the new and improved item types?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/innovations.asp.

    Where can I learn more about the MCSD certification?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

    Where can I learn more about the MCAD certification?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

    If you have further questions regarding this exam or the MCP program, send
    e-mail to or call 800-636-7544.
    Chris Boar [MS], May 5, 2004

  2. Hello Chris,

    Chris Boar [MS] wrote:
    > Microsoft has a limited number of spaces available for candidates to
    > take the beta exam 71-330 Implementing Security for Applications with
    > Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (exam number 70-330 when finally
    > released). I apologize that time is limited to take this exam, the
    > last date the exam is available is May 9th 2004.

    when will this be avaiable for C#?

    Mathias
    Mathias Raacke, May 5, 2004

  3. Chris Boar [MS]

    Ernesto Guest

    Hi

    I guess, that the request for the C# version of the exam
    (in this case the 340) were more than the 330 ones.

    We have to wait to the date when both exams becomes alive,
    in my case because i'm waiting for my results.

    Ernesto

    Ernesto, May 5, 2004
  4. In news: eJF%,
    Mathias Raacke <mraacke_at_campus-consult.de> wrote:
    > ...beta exam 71-330 Implementing Security for Applications with
    >> Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (exam number 70-330 when finally
    >> released). ...

    > when will this be avaiable for C#?

    Hi Mathias,

    This was posted in the MCAD newsgroup:

    There was, 71-340, however the time frame for the beta test has expired.
    Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET
    <<

    www.cindywinegarden.com
    Cindy Winegarden, May 5, 2004