Free MCDST training and more from Microsoft

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Andy Barkl, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Andy Barkl

    Andy Barkl Guest

    Andy Barkl, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Andy Barkl

    T-Bone Guest

    T-Bone, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Andy Barkl

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Andy Barkl

    Jason Guest

    THANK YOU!

    I have been wondering how the lingo has gone from "taking" an exam to
    "sitting" an exam, to "writing" an exam. I suspect the origin is from the
    plethora overseas glorified customer service techs who learned English
    poorly and in the process of trying to sound technically proficient, used
    poor grammar to communicate their thoughts.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcp/

    Jason, Feb 2, 2005
  5. Andy Barkl

    Dave Guest

    > THANK YOU!
    Jason,
    We agree on something, I'm surprised ;-)

    > I have been wondering how the lingo has gone from "taking" an exam to
    > "sitting" an exam, to "writing" an exam. I suspect the origin is from the
    > plethora overseas glorified customer service techs who learned English
    > poorly and in the process of trying to sound technically proficient, used
    > poor grammar to communicate their thoughts.

    Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents. They
    really do amuse us over hear. Do you know, some of them think we are just a
    little island somewhere of the coast of EU-land, that we all live in
    castles, slay dragons before breakfast (tea and marmalade of course), only
    speak the Queen's English and that we all have tea with her on Sunday
    afternoon.

    Seriously, I do agree that the misuse of the language is unfortunate.

    Do you think MCNGP will let us in now? I'd rather explain subnetting to the
    Queen over our next cup of tea. Rotflmao.

    Dave.
    Dave, Feb 3, 2005
  6. Andy Barkl

    Dave Guest

    <snip>
    > Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.
    > They really do amuse us over hear. Do you know, some of them think we are
    > just a

    <snip>
    "Hear" should have been "here".
    Dave, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Andy Barkl

    T-Bone Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote
    > Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.

    They
    > really do amuse us over hear.

    Cue background music "Pomp and Circumstance"

    Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
    I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
    and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
    although I'm certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
    I speak English and French, not American.
    And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
    I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
    diversity, not assimilation,
    and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
    A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
    and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!
    Canada is the second largest landmass!
    The first nation of hockey!
    and the best part of North America
    My name is T-Bone!!
    And I am Canadian!!!
    T-Bone, Feb 3, 2005
  8. Andy Barkl

    Dave Guest

    > "Dave" <> wrote
    >> Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.

    > They
    >> really do amuse us over hear.

    > Cue background music "Pomp and Circumstance"

    <snip>
    lol, good one.
    Dave, Feb 3, 2005
  9. Andy Barkl

    A Yid in LA Guest

    You guys sound like a bunch of "little" neurotics with severe inferiority
    complexes. Attempting to sound intellectually superior is just an arrogant
    mask to cover up your own feelings of inferiorty. Making fun of someone who
    is trying to learn under probably very difficult circumstances is not my idea
    of a joke. My grandparents came here from Russia very young not speaking one
    word of english and little education; one became a teacher and the other a
    doctor.

    This is a learning community, or so I thought. Therefore, I suggest we
    treat each person as a human being, with respect. Might I suggest a website
    you all may benefit from? www.dalecarnegie.com

    A Yid in LA, Feb 19, 2005
  10. May I suggest..........zzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh sorry I fell asleep. What was it you
    were saying again?

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 19, 2005
  11. Andy Barkl

    A Yid in LA Guest

    Written like a true Fascist, Rev.
    "I hope you enjoy(ed) reading this incoherent babble about as much as I did
    writing it!"

    A Yid in LA, Feb 20, 2005
  12. . .my sentiments exactly !

    cytoplasmicdiscord, Feb 20, 2005