    I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    headset arrangement.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Yaz

    Phil Collin Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    > service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    > number from a range?
    >
    > I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    > headset arrangement.
    >
    > Yaz

    Hi Yaz,
    I'm sure the guys on here will reply with their own personal favourites.
    We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading
    the X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
    Take a look at our web site for details.

    If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.

    Kind regards,

    Phil.

    --

    Phil Collin
    Partner Manager

    Phil Collin, Jan 17, 2007

  3. Yaz

    Yaz Guest

    "Phil Collin" <> wrote > I'm sure the guys on
    here will reply with their own personal favourites.
    > We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading the
    > X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
    > Take a look at our web site for details.
    >
    > If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.

    Waht are the charges for a local number?

    Yaz

    Yaz, Jan 17, 2007
  4. Yaz

    ACDeag Guest

    Yaz wrote :
    > Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    > service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    > number from a range?
    >
    > I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and headset
    > arrangement.
    >
    > Yaz

    voip.co.uk, no choice though. I believe sipgate allow you to choose
    from a limited selection.

    ACDeag, Jan 17, 2007
  5. Yaz wrote:
    > Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    > service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    > number from a range?
    >
    > I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    > headset arrangement.

    Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an
    0845 number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are
    scared off by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

    I found them very accommodating in changing the number I started off
    with to a most excellent number offered from a choice of numbers.
    Just sign up and drop customer services a line.

    An account costs nothing so you can set one up and receive incoming
    calls. I think you get 4 mins of free outgoing calls initially so you
    can give it a quick trial.

    I think you can set up an account with most suppliers for no cost so
    have a few on the go and see which one offers the facilities you require
    then dump a few Euros into whichever account(s) suits your needs best.

    http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
    http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 17, 2007
  6. Yaz

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "ACDeag" <> wrote in message
    > Yaz wrote :
    > > Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will
    > > provide a reliable service Landline uk number for use
    > > with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a number from a
    > > range? I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a
    > > bluetooth dongle and headset arrangement.
    > >
    > > Yaz

    > voip.co.uk, no choice though. I believe sipgate allow you
    > to choose from a limited selection.

    You get offered a number, but not a choice any more. If you don't like the
    one offered, you can go back a step and try again, you'll get a different
    number. Keep trying until you get one you like.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 17, 2007
  7. Ivor Jones wrote:

    > You get offered a number, but not a choice any more. If you don't like the
    > one offered, you can go back a step and try again, you'll get a different
    > number. Keep trying until you get one you like.

    :¬)
    That's how I got a memorable 0845 number from sipgate....
    Only problem was you always think there may be a better one along next.
    I had to go through the entire list twice before I found the one I
    thought was best.
    Took about 3 hours in total to get back to it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 17, 2007
  8. Yaz

    Jono Guest

    "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" formulated on Wednesday :
    > Yaz wrote:
    >> Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    >> service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    >> number from a range?
    >>
    >> I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    >> headset arrangement.

    > Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an 0845
    > number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are scared off
    > by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

    Hold your horses!

    0560 numbers should be charged as a normal geo 01/02 number.

    0845 numbers will be charged at around 3.5 pence per minute.

    There is a significant difference between local & LoCall (0845)

    Jono, Jan 17, 2007
  9. Yaz

    Jono Guest

    Phil Collin submitted this idea :

    > Hi Yaz,
    > I'm sure the guys on here will reply with their own personal favourites.
    > We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading the
    > X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
    > Take a look at our web site for details.
    >
    > If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Phil.

    Hi Phil,

    Are you likely to reduce your mobile call charges? Orange & O2 @ 14ppm
    and Voda & T-Mobile/Virgin @ 17ppm is a little outrageous, not to
    mention 3 @ 30ppm.

    Jono, Jan 17, 2007
  10. Yaz

    Steve Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:50:17 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" formulated on Wednesday :
    >> Yaz wrote:
    >>> Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    >>> service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    >>> number from a range?
    >>>
    >>> I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    >>> headset arrangement.

    >> Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an 0845
    >> number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are scared off
    >> by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

    >Hold your horses!
    >
    >0560 numbers should be charged as a normal geo 01/02 number.
    >
    >0845 numbers will be charged at around 3.5 pence per minute.
    >
    >There is a significant difference between local & LoCall (0845)

    Ah but... some telcos (including NTL, unless someone can advise
    differently that they have fixed the issue...) don't route to 056
    numbers. Bit of a problem is that...

    Steve, Jan 17, 2007
  11. Yaz

    Brian A Guest

    wrote:

    >"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" formulated on Wednesday :
    >> Yaz wrote:
    >>> Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    >>> service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    >>> number from a range?
    >>>
    >>> I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    >>> headset arrangement.

    >> Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an 0845
    >> number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are scared off
    >> by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

    >Hold your horses!
    >
    >0560 numbers should be charged as a normal geo 01/02 number.
    >
    >0845 numbers will be charged at around 3.5 pence per minute.
    >
    >There is a significant difference between local & LoCall (0845)

    I agree! You have to consider those who are going to call you.
    Voipfone used to do geo numbers - don't they still do those? Much
    better than an 0845 - you can get one of those free anyway if you shop
    around. Voiptalk.org do geo numbers too. Voip.co.uk do geo numbers
    and their UK pack is very good.
    I can understand that, in certain circumstances, softphones are
    appropriate, in fact sometimes the only option available. However, if
    you do have a choice I would strongly recommend using an ATA rather
    than spending your dosh on a headset. The problem with x-lite (free)
    is that it only allows you a single provider. There are other
    softphones that allow more providers but they don't have a dial plan
    arrangement. There a pay versions of x-lite that do allow for more
    providers. You can use Voxalot to achieve that of course but an ATA,
    affording the same facility, is a much more satisfactory option.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 17, 2007
  12. Yaz

    ACDeag Guest

    Jono explained :
    > "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" formulated on Wednesday :
    >> Yaz wrote:
    >>> Can anyone advise if there are any companies that will provide a reliable
    >>> service Landline uk number for use with VOIP? Also am I able to choose a
    >>> number from a range?
    >>> I do not have an ATA but intend to use is with a bluetooth dongle and
    >>> headset arrangement.

    >> Voipfone.co.uk will give you a free 056000nnnnn number you can have an 0845
    >> number for a mere £1.99 a month which is great for folks that are scared
    >> off by the 056000 number (which is also a local rate call I believe)

    > Hold your horses!
    >
    > 0560 numbers should be charged as a normal geo 01/02 number.
    >
    > 0845 numbers will be charged at around 3.5 pence per minute.
    >
    > There is a significant difference between local & LoCall (0845)

    Even BT do not charge geographical rates, it costs more to call an 056
    number than an 01/02.

    ACDeag, Jan 17, 2007
  13. Thus spaketh "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)":
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >> You get offered a number, but not a choice any more. If you don't
    >> like the one offered, you can go back a step and try again, you'll
    >> get a different number. Keep trying until you get one you like.

    >> ¬)

    > That's how I got a memorable 0845 number from sipgate....
    > Only problem was you always think there may be a better one along
    > next. I had to go through the entire list twice before I found the
    > one I thought was best.
    > Took about 3 hours in total to get back to it.

    Yeah, it took me a while to get a couple of decent numbers, my first one
    was easy as at that time you had a choice.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 17, 2007
  14. Yaz

    Jono Guest

    ACDeag expressed precisely :

    > Even BT do not charge geographical rates, it costs more to call an 056 number
    > than an 01/02.

    You are right. It pays to check!

    I was convinced they were supposed to be at the same rate as 01/02...

    g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

    That said, it's closer to their local charge that national, so I can
    see the logic. Only Light Users pay standard charges though. What a
    minefield the pricelist is.

    Jono, Jan 17, 2007
  15. Yaz

    Phil Collin Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Phil Collin submitted this idea :
    >
    >> Hi Yaz,
    >> I'm sure the guys on here will reply with their own personal favourites.
    >> We offer the service you require. There is also a link for downloading
    >> the X-Lite soft phone you can use on your computer.
    >> Take a look at our web site for details.
    >>
    >> If you would like any additional info please feel to contact me directly.
    >>
    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> Phil.

    > Hi Phil,
    >
    > Are you likely to reduce your mobile call charges? Orange & O2 @ 14ppm
    > and Voda & T-Mobile/Virgin @ 17ppm is a little outrageous, not to
    > mention 3 @ 30ppm.

    Hi Jono,
    Mobile call charges is an area we are working hard on at the moment to
    try to reduce the cost of. I've being doing some research into other
    voip providers charges and the variation in pricing is surprising. We
    charge the same %rate on all our call pricing and we are competitive
    with everything else. Once we've got it sorted I'll let you know.

    Kind regards,

    Phil

    --

    Phil Collin
    Partner Manager

    Phil Collin, Jan 18, 2007
  16. Yaz

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-17, Jono <> wrote:

    > ACDeag expressed precisely :
    >

    >> Even BT do not charge geographical rates, it costs more to call an 056 number
    >> than an 01/02.

    > You are right. It pays to check!

    I believe he is not correct.

    > I was convinced they were supposed to be at the same rate as 01/02...

    Your conviction was sound.

    > g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

    http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/homepage.htm. Then the Updates
    Area and 16-01-2007.

    A 056 number qualifies as a UK call under BT Together. So that's 3p per
    minute during the daytime and 5.5p per call for an hour at other times.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 18, 2007
  17. "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-01-17, Jono <> wrote:
    >
    >> ACDeag expressed precisely :
    >>

    >>> Even BT do not charge geographical rates, it costs more to call an
    >>> 056 number
    >>> than an 01/02.

    >> You are right. It pays to check!

    > I believe he is not correct.
    >
    >> I was convinced they were supposed to be at the same rate as 01/02...

    > Your conviction was sound.
    >
    >> g21 - Calls to New Voice Services 4.888ppm inc VAT daytime.

    > http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/homepage.htm. Then the
    > Updates
    > Area and 16-01-2007.
    >
    > A 056 number qualifies as a UK call under BT Together. So that's 3p
    > per
    > minute during the daytime and 5.5p per call for an hour at other
    > times.

    But 056 numbers are no good if someone is calling from most NTL lines,
    as NTL have refused to enable any more exchanges to accept them.

    Harry Stottle, Jan 18, 2007
  18. Harry Stottle wrote:

    >> A 056 number qualifies as a UK call under BT Together. So that's 3p
    >> per
    >> minute during the daytime and 5.5p per call for an hour at other
    >> times.
    >>

    > But 056 numbers are no good if someone is calling from most NTL lines,
    > as NTL have refused to enable any more exchanges to accept them.

    Surely some government body or other (OFCOM ?)will force NTL to re-think
    this strategy. Especially if more people start telling theem about it.

    Pete

    Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk, Feb 2, 2007
  19. "Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > Harry Stottle wrote:
    >
    >>> A 056 number qualifies as a UK call under BT Together. So that's 3p
    >>> per
    >>> minute during the daytime and 5.5p per call for an hour at other
    >>> times.
    >>>

    >> But 056 numbers are no good if someone is calling from most NTL
    >> lines, as NTL have refused to enable any more exchanges to accept
    >> them.

    > Surely some government body or other (OFCOM ?)will force NTL to
    > re-think this strategy. Especially if more people start telling theem
    > about it.

    Ofcom tried to get NTL to change their mind on 056 numbers, but NTL
    refused, and Ofcom has no powers to force NTL to enable these numbers,
    effectively making 056 numbers virtually worthless.

    Harry Stottle, Feb 2, 2007
  20. Yaz

    Linus Surguy Guest

    "Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <> wrote:

    >Harry Stottle wrote:
    >
    >>> A 056 number qualifies as a UK call under BT Together. So that's 3p
    >>> per
    >>> minute during the daytime and 5.5p per call for an hour at other
    >>> times.
    >>>

    >> But 056 numbers are no good if someone is calling from most NTL lines,
    >> as NTL have refused to enable any more exchanges to accept them.

    >Surely some government body or other (OFCOM ?)will force NTL to re-think
    > this strategy. Especially if more people start telling theem about it.

    Actually, NTL have now confirmed that they will open 056 on all exchanges - if
    you still have a problem, contact your local helpdesk.

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

    Linus Surguy, Feb 6, 2007