    that lets me browse without the company knowing my activity.

    We have a firewall, of course.

    Any help for a free software tool will be very hepful, Thank you !
    Luca, Mar 19, 2010

  2. Luca

    unruh Guest

    On 2010-03-19, Luca <> wrote:
    > Dear all,
    > I think my company is tracking my web browsing so I am looking for a
    > software
    > that lets me browse without the company knowing my activity.
    >
    > We have a firewall, of course.
    >
    > Any help for a free software tool will be very hepful, Thank you !

    And how do you think that the packets from the web sites you browse get
    back to you? They need your address. While you can go through anonymizer
    services, that anonymizer has to get the packets back to you, and if I
    were in your company, your suddenly using an anonymizer service would
    raise loads of red flags.

    Do your browsing at home.

    unruh, Mar 19, 2010

  3. Luca

    Leythos Guest

    In article <27f40443-bd86-4f26-86dc-6c848745f6b9
    @e1g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, says...

    > Dear all,
    > I think my company is tracking my web browsing so I am looking for a
    > software
    > that lets me browse without the company knowing my activity.
    >
    > We have a firewall, of course.
    >
    > Any help for a free software tool will be very hepful, Thank you !

    Your company doesn't pay you to violate their rules - STOP

    Your company doesn't want you screwing off on their network - STOP

    Stop thinking you have a right to Internet access on the company
    network, on their hardware, period - STOP

    Violating company policy, and certainly installing something to
    intentionally get past a firewall, can get you fired - STOP

    Trust yourself.
    (remove 999 for proper email address)
    Leythos, Mar 19, 2010
  4. From: "Luca" <>

    | Dear all,
    | I think my company is tracking my web browsing so I am looking for a
    | software
    | that lets me browse without the company knowing my activity.

    | We have a firewall, of course.

    | Any help for a free software tool will be very hepful, Thank you !

    They have a right to do so and fire you if you bypass their security.

    Do what unruh said. Do you PERSONAL browsing at home !

    --
    Dave
    David H. Lipman, Mar 19, 2010
  5. Luca wrote:

    > I think my company is tracking my web browsing so I am looking for a
    > software that lets me browse without the company knowing my activity.

    On your coffee break, go out back past the loading dock and take your
    Droid with you.

    My company[1] would regularly catch someone surfing porn sites and about
    once a quarter, somebody would get fired - usually one the warehouse
    workers using the computers in the lunchroom.

    [1] I retired in 2001 and even back then we were keeping a log in my IT
    department.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 19, 2010
  6. Since it is not your computer, there is no way you can use it for
    anonymous browing,
    your company will do whatever they like with it and you have probably
    signed an
    agreement allowing your company to monitor your activities.

    Bad idea.
    Frank Merlott, Mar 21, 2010