    hi group
    I am not sure free hotmail account setup outlook express.
    please help me

    santosh, Jan 17, 2011

  2. santosh

    VanguardLH Guest

    santosh wrote:

    > I am not sure free hotmail account setup outlook express.

    Back in September 2009, Microsoft switched from WebDAV to Deltasync
    (both are HTTP-based protocols) to access their Hotmail servers. Both
    gave you IMAP-like access to your Hotmail account so you could see all
    the folders in your account; however, WebDAV support is gone (at the
    servers). OE is a dead e-mail client (went dead back in 2002). OE only
    supports WebDAV for HTTP access. OE will never get updated to add
    Deltasync support.

    OE also supports POP and IMAP access methods to e-mail servers. Hotmail
    never has had IMAP access (and Microsoft keeps coming up with new
    proprietary protocols to, in their mind, obviate the need for the
    international standards IMAP). So you're left with POP access to your
    Hotmail account if you continue using OE.

    If you continue using OE, you're stuck using POP to access your Hotmail
    account. Later Microsoft e-mail clients added Deltasync support so you
    can use that for IMAP-like access to all folders in your Hotmail
    accounts.

    Read Hotmail's own web help pages on the POP and SMTP mail servers you
    specify when defining a POP account in OE. Start here:

    http://support.live.com/

    Pick "Windows Live Hotmail". If the client settings isn't one of the
    top questions then search on "pop outlook express".

    _FYI_
    OE newsgroup is over there --> microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

    VanguardLH, Jan 17, 2011

  3. santosh

    Kele Guest

    Santosh, when you ask a question(s) here, reply back after receiving answers
    (if any) so we know you understand and the problem resolved.

    Do you understand what Vanguard is saying? If you go to Hotmail and find
    the Support/Help about setting up mail forwarding (POP); that's what you
    need to make Hotmail forward to your Outlook Express. I'm not saying to
    sign-up for Windows Live!

    I don't use Outlook Express that way, but I do use Mozilla Thunderbird
    http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/ to display mail from
    Hotmail and others. I actually use GMX Mail http://www.gmx.com/ to gather
    from all my on-line mail accounts (Mail Collector) and then when I open
    Thunderbird, it gets from GMX. Hotmail now has a simular "collector"
    function, but the beauty of having GMX too is that there is another spam
    blocker in the chain (Hotmail and GMX and Thunderbird). GMX and Thunderbird
    both have very clear instructions for mail forwarding.

    Consider this Santosh... Do you have a private email for which you only
    give to friends & family and another email for use on-line (membership,
    subscriptions, etc)? I'm saying it's nice to have an email account that
    isn't loaded with spam and another that is spam expected. My Outlook (ISP
    provided email account) is personal/private and almost spam free while my
    Hotmail/GMX is the one I give out on-line (public) and those get loaded with
    spam - but that's ok.

    ----------------

    Kele, Jan 17, 2011
  4. santosh

    shchitrali

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    Never go for hotmail...........its the most unreliable service... any time they can deny access to your account.......specially when u have some important mails inside........ i have experienced this....... try gmail or yahooooooooooooooo that are the best

    shchitrali, Jul 17, 2012
  5. santosh

    shchitrali

    Joined: