    As an added bonus, it would be great if the program could also tweak
    the EXIF data in a jpg file to make the date/time consistent with the
    file date/time.
    jersie0, Sep 5, 2004

  2. jersie0 <> writes:

    > I took a bunch of pictures with the camera date/time messed up.
    >
    > What is a good, free, piece of software allowing me to change the date
    > and time stamp of a file?
    >
    > As an added bonus, it would be great if the program could also tweak
    > the EXIF data in a jpg file to make the date/time consistent with the
    > file date/time.

    If you don't mind using a command line instead of a GUI, the program jhead has
    a -ta option to adjust the time by a fixed amount of hours/minutes, the -ts
    option to set the time to a specific time, and the -ft option to set the file
    date/time.

    http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Sep 5, 2004

  3. jersie0

    jersie0 Guest

    On 05 Sep 2004 09:25:24 -0400, Michael Meissner
    <> wrote:

    >jersie0 <> writes:
    >
    >> I took a bunch of pictures with the camera date/time messed up.
    >>
    >> What is a good, free, piece of software allowing me to change the date
    >> and time stamp of a file?
    >>
    >> As an added bonus, it would be great if the program could also tweak
    >> the EXIF data in a jpg file to make the date/time consistent with the
    >> file date/time.

    >If you don't mind using a command line instead of a GUI, the program jhead has
    >a -ta option to adjust the time by a fixed amount of hours/minutes, the -ts
    >option to set the time to a specific time, and the -ft option to set the file
    >date/time.
    >
    >http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

    I downloaded jhead and also another thing called fstamp. I wound up
    using fstamp, which worked great. Now though I'm being picky. I have
    the file date right, but now I'd like to be able to set the EXIF data
    off the file date. I've seen software that will set the file date
    from the EXIF data, but not the other way around. Suggestions?

    Again, I have the file date/time as I'd like, but would like to tweak
    the EXIF date/time and automatically set it off of that.
    jersie0, Sep 5, 2004
  4. jersie0

    jersie0 Guest

    The exifer program does all I needed and more. It's free for those
    who don't use it much.

    http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?forumID=7&threadID=2308&messageID=16129
    has a description of how to use it for the task I was doing, plus a
    link to the actual site for the software.

    It adjusts EXIF data, and can then rename and/or redate/retime files
    based on the EXIF data. Worked great for me.
    jersie0, Sep 6, 2004