    Gordon Guest

    I've just signed up for the years' free trial with EZ Armor. Has anyone else
    noticed that the EZ Firewall has EXACTLY the same interface as ZoneAlarm?

    Gordon, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Gordon

    Rick Blythin Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've just signed up for the years' free trial with EZ Armor. Has anyone

    else
    > noticed that the EZ Firewall has EXACTLY the same interface as ZoneAlarm?

    Gordon,

    The reason it looks like the same interface is because Zone Alarm were
    contracted to provide the firewall. So it makes sense to use their existing
    one and change the logo rather then create one from scratch.

    Rick
    --
    A+ Network+ Certified Professional
    - Computer Associates Affiliate Member

    Rick Blythin, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "Rick Blythin" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > > I've just signed up for the years' free trial with EZ Armor. Has anyone

    > else
    > > noticed that the EZ Firewall has EXACTLY the same interface as

    ZoneAlarm?

    > Gordon,
    >
    > The reason it looks like the same interface is because Zone Alarm were
    > contracted to provide the firewall. So it makes sense to use their

    existing
    > one and change the logo rather then create one from scratch.
    >
    > Rick
    > --
    > A+ Network+ Certified Professional
    > - Computer Associates Affiliate Member

    Thanks - I just thought that the whisky was getting to me!

    Gordon, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Gordon

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >| "Rick Blythin" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >| > else
    >| ZoneAlarm?
    >| >
    >| > Gordon,
    >| >
    >| > The reason it looks like the same interface is because Zone Alarm
    >| > were contracted to provide the firewall. So it makes sense to use
    >| > their
    >| existing
    >| > one and change the logo rather then create one from scratch.
    >| >
    >| > Rick
    >| > --
    >| > A+ Network+ Certified Professional
    >| > - Computer Associates Affiliate Member
    >| >

    >| Thanks - I just thought that the whisky was getting to me!

    Yeah - I noticed that too - good move by CA (why reinvent the wheel?) And if
    you still have some of that Jack Daniels left, how about sharing ;o)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2004
  5. "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > >| "Rick Blythin" <> wrote in message

    > >| ZoneAlarm?

    > >| existing

    > >| Thanks - I just thought that the whisky was getting to me!

    > Yeah - I noticed that too - good move by CA (why reinvent the wheel?) And

    if
    > you still have some of that Jack Daniels left, how about sharing ;o)
    >
    > --

    And it's the successful version 4.5, not the 5.0 version that has been
    causing problems for many.

    Richard McCann, Jul 3, 2004