Free eLearning Course offer; Course catalog misrepresenting materi

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by DoubleHelix, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. DoubleHelix

    DoubleHelix Guest

    Hello all,

    I just signed up for this free eLearning offer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/elearning/free/default.mspx The deal states
    clearly that the code is for a course and not a collection. Okay, that's fair.

    Excited to get some free training, I cruised over to the course catalog and
    looked for some good courses. I found one that I liked:
    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/offerDetail.aspx?offerPriceId=137972

    It's a course 2936 for SQL server. I add it to my cart and then try to apply
    the code that I received. I get this error message: "The discount code that
    you typed is either not valid or has expired. " Huh?! Then I notice that my
    shopping cart says "Collection 2936: Installing and Securing Microsoft® SQL
    Serverâ„¢ 2005" Wait A minute!! "Collection"? I go back to the course catalog
    and it says that 2936 is a course, not a collection.

    Hmmm... I tried it with course 2937 and got the same results. The course
    catalog says that it is a course but when I add it to the shopping cart, it
    suddenly says that 2936 (or 2937) is a collection. Thusly, the code cannot be
    used. *sigh*

    I'm feeling slightly bait-and-switched at the moment. Can anyone shed any
    light on this situation.

    Thanks,

    DoubleHelix, Mar 13, 2008

  2. DoubleHelix

    DoubleHelix Guest

    Looking back on my post, I realise that this may not have been the most
    appropriate place to ask this question. I've come here through Microsoft's
    web based newsgroup portal, and the heirarchy of topics that got me here was
    English -> Learning -> General Discussion. When I look up at the newsgroup
    heirarchy I see microsoft.public.certification. Hmm... not quite the same.

    Anyway, if there's a better palce to post this, could someone point me to it?

    Thanks,

    DoubleHelix, Mar 14, 2008

  3. DoubleHelix

    MS Learning Guest

    RE: Free eLearning Course offer; Course catalog misrepresenting ma

    This post was just recently brought to my attention and I'd like to try and
    assist if it is still unresolved at this point. What is the best way to
    contact you?

    MS Learning, Apr 9, 2008
  4. DoubleHelix

    DoubleHelix Guest

    RE: Free eLearning Course offer; Course catalog misrepresenting ma

    Hi! Thanks for your response!

    I think it would be best to contact me through my Yahoo account:
    TheSpamDecoy | -at- | yahoo | -dot- | com.

    I await your contact,

    DH

    DoubleHelix, Apr 9, 2008