Free easyCD image mounter?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Southern Kiwi, May 15, 2004.

  1. Southern Kiwi, May 15, 2004

  2. Southern Kiwi

    Allistar Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:

    > I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

    Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
    mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

    Allistar.

    Allistar, May 15, 2004

  3. Southern Kiwi

    XPD Guest

    "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

    On what.. Win32 ?
    If so, look for Daemon Tools

    XPD, May 15, 2004
  4. In article <cJepc.2100$>,
    says...
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >
    > > I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

    > Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
    > mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

    He not using linux, silly

    Patrick Dunford, May 15, 2004
  5. Southern Kiwi

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 14:00:59 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:

    >Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >
    >> I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning it.

    >Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
    >mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

    I didn't know Microsoft released Outlook Express for Linux.

    Daemon Tools is what is needed.
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php

    Craig Shore, May 15, 2004
  6. Southern Kiwi

    Allistar Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > In article <cJepc.2100$>,
    > says...
    >> Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >>
    >> > I want to be able to test a cd image on my hard drive before burning
    >> > it.

    >> Can't you just mount the iso and take a look at the contents? Type "man
    >> mount" for details (you'll need to "su" to root before mounting).

    > He not using linux, silly

    No? The OS wasn't mentioned so I assumed the same as me. My mistake.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, May 15, 2004
  7. Southern Kiwi

    Barg Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > He not using linux, silly

    Actually that should be "He's not using Linux. Silly."

    Barg, May 15, 2004
  8. Thanks

    Southern Kiwi, May 15, 2004