    Fred Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.

    T.I.A.

    Fred, Mar 19, 2005

  2. Fred

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Fred composed the following;:
    > Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
    >
    > T.I.A.

    http://www.interactual.com/

    Also comes free on many retail DVD's. As a basic player it's pretty
    good, I think. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Fred

    Steve P Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
    >
    > T.I.A.

    You might want to ask in alt.comp.freeware newsgroup as well.

    Steve P, Mar 19, 2005
  4. Fred

    PC Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
    >
    > T.I.A.

    Try VLC if you like Open Source

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    One to stay away from is Cliprex (DS or Lite)
    It comes with a dose of New.Net spyware, which is one of the nastier
    spywares.
    (though I managed to get it on a machineby using several anti spyware
    programs to block it's installation during Cliprex's install then removing
    New.Net from the Add/Remove programs list before rebooting)

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Mar 19, 2005
  5. Fred

    Jerry G. Guest

    Winamp, and Windows Media Player are very good. But, you need a DVD drive in
    the computer in order to play DVD's in the first place. When installing a
    DVD player, it normally comes with excellent software to run it, and play
    DVD's.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 19, 2005
  6. Fred

    7 Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
    >
    > T.I.A.

    Try the Movix liveCDs

    They turn your PC into an independent DVD/VCD player.
    All free and open source.

    7, Mar 19, 2005
  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Many thanks. Didn't realise that - thought DVD's might run on a CD player
    with right program and a screen!
    We live and learn.

    Fred, Mar 19, 2005
  8. Fred

    jadoo Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > Many thanks. Didn't realise that - thought DVD's might run on a CD

    player
    > with right program and a screen!
    > We live and learn.
    >
    > "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > > Winamp, and Windows Media Player are very good. But, you need a DVD

    drive
    > > in
    > > the computer in order to play DVD's in the first place. When

    installing a
    > > DVD player, it normally comes with excellent software to run it,

    and play
    > > DVD's.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Jerry G.
    > > ======
    > >

    > > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone recommend a good free download for playing DVD's.
    > >
    > > T.I.A.

    For anybody who is about to download and install cliprex, STOP.
    Cliprex is bundled with spyware and new.net virus which will screw up
    your system

    The installation some how disables antivirus, firewall, spyware, etc..
    And all your browers will attempt to connect to the internet thru a
    new domain.

    jadoo, Apr 18, 2005