Free downsampling action

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Stacey, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    I wrote this PS action using PSCS2 for downsampling E300 files to sRGB
    800-6XX files for web display. Should work with other versions of PS as
    well but if it acts weird, you might have to rerecord the action using the
    supplied one as a script. You can also rerecord if you want to adjust the
    sharpening or resizing levels used.

    There are 5 different versions from "soft" to "extra sharp". The
    "semi-soft" middle version is like using bicubic sharper so this gives you
    4 other options. The medium seems about right to me for files if they have
    already been sharpened/saved for printing.

    This is freeware and if anyone has a better host site, feel free to copy
    and redistribute this as you wish. If you have an older version of PS and
    have to rewrite this to work on it, feel free to redistribute them as well.
    This is an adaptation of "Wilfred's downsampling" which was also a freeware
    action so I don't feel like a thief sending this one out into the net. Hope
    someone gets some use from this as it's worked really well for me.

    http://www.savefile.com/files/3297443
    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Jul 4, 2005