FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by pmehta1001@yahoo.co.in, Jan 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

    Click here to download

    http://www.gigaloads.com/search/detail.php?category=13&sub=185&id=2915

    With this free distribution version of the popular AVG Anti-Virus
    system, you will get a reliable tool for your computer protection
    against computer viruses.
    Features:
    · Automatic update functionality
    · The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as
    files are opened and programs are run
    · The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail
    · The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform
    scheduled and manual tests
    · Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product
    · AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files
    · Great customer satisfaction!
    Please note that any previous version of AVG Free will be un-installed
    automatically during the installation of the new AVG Free.
    AVG Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single home computer
    use only.
    , Jan 30, 2007

  2. Guest Guest

    No more. Now you have to pay for it.
    BP
    Guest, Jan 30, 2007

  3. AnthonyL Guest

    How do you explain http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

    --
    AnthonyL
    AnthonyL, Jan 30, 2007
  4. AnthonyL Guest

    AnthonyL, Jan 30, 2007
  5. SimonLW Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > No more. Now you have to pay for it.
    > BP

    ? You can still download AVG 7.5 free edition. 7.1 support is discontinued
    soon. Just upgrade.
    -S
    SimonLW, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Art Guest

    "AnthonyL" <> wrote in message
    > On 30 Jan 2007 03:51:08 -0800, wrote:
    >

    >>FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    >>
    >>Click here to download
    >>
    >>http://www.gigaloads.com/search/detail.php?category=3D13&sub=3D185&id=3D2915
    >>

    > There is no need to risk going to 3rd party sites when you can
    > download directly from grisoft at http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
    >
    > --

    True dat.

    I've used this product free for a long time (legally folks, per their
    license agreement) and it works. It is still free by agreement. The story
    that you have to pay to use it at all is a myth. Go to www.komando.com if
    you want the particulars (yes, a third party site but now one that downloads
    crappe you don't want in the background). One of Kim's callers (she hosts a
    weekly syndicated radio show on computers) posed the question of whether the
    rumor GriSoft was going to start charging for version 7.5 was true. She
    explains it there.

    Art
    Art, Jan 30, 2007
  7. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 03:51:08 -0800, pmehta1001 wrote:
    Spam by any other name is just spam.

    --
    Neil
    Reverse 'r' and 'a', delete 'l' for email.
    Neil Ellwood, Jan 30, 2007
  8. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:27:19 -0500, SimonLW wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> No more. Now you have to pay for it.
    >> BP
    >>

    > ? You can still download AVG 7.5 free edition. 7.1 support is discontinued
    > soon. Just upgrade.
    > -S

    WHY? I use a much better system Debian.

    Neil Ellwood, Jan 30, 2007
  9. Al Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > No more. Now you have to pay for it.
    > BP

    You are wrong
    Al, Jan 30, 2007
  10. <> wrote in message

    FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828

    As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
    negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:

    1/ It is indeed free for home use.
    2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties here.
    3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
    4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
    probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.
    Charles Schuler, Jan 30, 2007
  11. "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    >

    > As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
    > negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:

    Oh, I now see the problem. Gigaloads is making money with their links. It
    is a terrible thing. Money is evil. Making money is the devil's work.
    Money is good when one has some and evil when others have it.

    Seriously folks, this a very fuzzy line. Offering links to useful free
    downloads has some merit. Spamming is not a black and white issue. I own a
    registered Epson printer and get at least one email a week from them. Are
    they spamming me? Are they annoying me? Should I not register my products
    in the future and then miss an important announcement?

    Spam, to me, is totally off-the-wall solicitation via the shotgun method.
    Anti-virus software as good as AVG and at no cost to home users needs to be
    promoted.
    Charles Schuler, Jan 30, 2007
  12. Roy G Guest

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    >

    > As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
    > negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:
    >
    > 1/ It is indeed free for home use.
    > 2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties here.
    > 3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
    > 4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
    > probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.

    Hi

    If someone was posting and recommending that readers should install AVG, by
    downloading it from free.grisoft.com, that would not be Spam, even if it
    might be irritating.

    This, or these, Cretins are using the free availability of AVG to promote
    their Crappy and perhaps dangerous website. That is SPAM

    Roy G
    Roy G, Jan 30, 2007
  13. Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <KwQvh.57800$>, Roy G
    <> wrote:

    > "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    > >

    > > As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand the
    > > negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:
    > >
    > > 1/ It is indeed free for home use.
    > > 2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties here.
    > > 3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
    > > 4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
    > > probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.
    > >

    > Hi
    >
    > If someone was posting and recommending that readers should install AVG, by
    > downloading it from free.grisoft.com, that would not be Spam, even if it
    > might be irritating.
    >
    > This, or these, Cretins are using the free availability of AVG to promote
    > their Crappy and perhaps dangerous website. That is SPAM
    >
    > Roy G

    No, that's merely irritating as well, regardless of personal opinions
    of the definition of spam.

    If you are going to correct someone, have the right information.

    On usenet, spam is defined as ECP or EMP that meets or exceeds a BI of
    20 in a 45 day period. It has nothing to do with content, placement,
    or topicality. That definition hasn't changed in 9 years or more.

    Spam is about how many times something is said, not where or what is
    said.

    http://www.killfile.org/faqs/spam.html

    That's the "bible" of usenet news-admins, worldwide, for the definition
    of spam, whether you happen to agree with it or not.

    By the way, spam is *not* an acronym, and is not spelled using all
    caps, any more than "raw" is in regards to camera raw files.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Jan 31, 2007
  14. winnard Guest

    "Ken Lucke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <KwQvh.57800$>, Roy G
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    > > >

    > > > As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand

    the
    > > > negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:
    > > >
    > > > 1/ It is indeed free for home use.
    > > > 2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties

    here.
    > > > 3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
    > > > 4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
    > > > probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.
    > > >

    > > Hi
    > >
    > > If someone was posting and recommending that readers should install AVG,

    by
    > > downloading it from free.grisoft.com, that would not be Spam, even if

    it
    > > might be irritating.
    > >
    > > This, or these, Cretins are using the free availability of AVG to

    promote
    > > their Crappy and perhaps dangerous website. That is SPAM
    > >
    > > Roy G

    > No, that's merely irritating as well, regardless of personal opinions
    > of the definition of spam.
    >
    > If you are going to correct someone, have the right information.
    >
    > On usenet, spam is defined as ECP or EMP that meets or exceeds a BI of
    > 20 in a 45 day period. It has nothing to do with content, placement,
    > or topicality. That definition hasn't changed in 9 years or more.
    >
    > Spam is about how many times something is said, not where or what is
    > said.
    >
    > http://www.killfile.org/faqs/spam.html
    >
    > That's the "bible" of usenet news-admins, worldwide, for the definition
    > of spam, whether you happen to agree with it or not.
    >
    > By the way, spam is *not* an acronym, and is not spelled using all
    > caps, any more than "raw" is in regards to camera raw files.
    >
    > --
    > You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a
    > reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating
    > the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for
    > independence.
    > -- Charles A. Beard

    YOU GUYS PUT ON A FREAKING CONDOM AND PROTECT YOUR VIRUSES ELSWHERE.

    winnard
    winnard, Jan 31, 2007
  15. mm Guest

    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> No more. Now you have to pay for it.
    >> BP
    >>

    >? You can still download AVG 7.5 free edition. 7.1 support is discontinued
    >soon. Just upgrade.
    >-S

    When you get the notice to updata to 7.5, and you go there, they
    really push the paid edition, and you have to hunt for the free one,
    even iirc if you went to the very page it sent you to, because you
    have to update to 7.5.

    A lot of companies do this, but I too was fooled for a while, this
    time and the previous time. It's probably what fooled BP.
    mm, Jan 31, 2007
  16. Mark² Guest

    Charles Schuler wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    >

    > As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't understand
    > the negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have found:
    >
    > 1/ It is indeed free for home use.
    > 2/ It works very well. It has detected and fixed numerous nasties
    > here. 3/ It automatically updates almost every day.
    > 4/ It might cost a few bucks in the future (for home use), and I will
    > probably opt to subscribe if the cost is reasonable.

    I agree that it's a great program. I use it too.
    The objection is regarding the OP who is clearly using this post to generate
    hits for his reference page...which helps him generate revenue for other ads
    or referrals.

    Anyone interested in using AVG...and I highly recommend it...should simply
    visit Grisoft's own site directly here: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

    -Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Jan 31, 2007
  17. Mark² Guest

    Charles Schuler wrote:
    > "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> FREE DOWNLOAD AVG AntiVirus Free 7.5.430a828
    >>

    >> As a very satisfied user (four years) of AVG free, I don't
    >> understand the negative replies to this thread. Here is what I have
    >> found:

    > Oh, I now see the problem. Gigaloads is making money with their
    > links. It is a terrible thing. Money is evil. Making money is the
    > devil's work. Money is good when one has some and evil when others
    > have it.

    Not evil... It's just that we don't want to encourage every hit-counting
    spammer to start dumping random hit-generating posts to this NG.

    > Seriously folks, this a very fuzzy line. Offering links to useful
    > free downloads has some merit. Spamming is not a black and white
    > issue. I own a registered Epson printer and get at least one email a
    > week from them. Are they spamming me? Are they annoying me? Should
    > I not register my products in the future and then miss an important
    > announcement?
    > Spam, to me, is totally off-the-wall solicitation via the shotgun
    > method. Anti-virus software as good as AVG and at no cost to home
    > users needs to be promoted.

    Right. But certainly you must agree that AVG has no relation to digital
    photo groups. I agree that it's useful in this case, but do you really want
    EVERY useful (on some level) spammer to dump here?

    Probably not.
    I don't feel militant about it, and it doesn't offend me...but I see the
    merit of poo-pooing the tactic here.

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Jan 31, 2007
  18. > I don't feel militant about it, and it doesn't offend me...but I see the
    > merit of poo-pooing the tactic here.

    Agreed. Thanks.
    Charles Schuler, Jan 31, 2007