    listen to all your remarks and wishes.

    --
    George Pavlenko

    George Pavlenko, Aug 20, 2009

  2. George Pavlenko

    VanguardLH Guest

    George Pavlenko wrote:

    > Dear friends!
    >
    > At the address http://ca.ukrtrans.biz/ yesterday has opened a new service
    > which gives you a possibility free of charge to receive digital
    > certificates
    > of various types.
    >
    > We invite you free of charge to take advantage of our services. We will be
    > glad to hear your opinion on our service and with a great attention we will
    > listen to all your remarks and wishes.

    This is NOT a pro-spamming newsgroup. Oh yeah, like anyone is going to
    trust a brand new cert authority, and one in the Ukraine. If users
    aren't going to get one from a respected 3rd party, they'll probably
    generate their own [internal] certs.

    If they're offering EVERY cert type then I suspect they're just trying
    to drum up enough business to establish a large customer base along with
    ironing out their system and then they'll yank away from their
    freeloaders by charging for that service or offering a "discount" to the
    existing freeloaders. It would be tested for maybe 2 years and then,
    poof, it goes commercial.

    I wouldn't waste my time on a "free" cert authority who can't even
    bother to get someone above a high-schooler just playing with HTML to
    design their web site. They choose not to waste any effort in
    translating their Russian languaged web site (http://www.ukrtrans.biz/)
    to English or to other languages. Peculiar that their Russian site
    needs to have a Malaysian web designer. Sorry, but I can't read old
    Latin in their About page, and the online Latin->English translators
    don't handle deliberate misspellings (but what it could translate seemed
    more about sensual delight than a technical brief on a cert project).

    VanguardLH, Aug 20, 2009