    They also have a unlimited $25 a month GLOBAL plan. Matbe I will switch.
    Should call my brother in Germany more often.

    Anyone else using this company?

    Alf, May 3, 2006

  2. Alf wrote:

    > There is a post on Voxilla today that vociestick.com is
    > offering USA DID's to almost every area code.

    Voicestick doesn't run on Linux. Is there any way of hooking up a
    general SIP device to Voicestick's servers? Or IAX2?

    Cheers,

    --
    Klaus Alexander Seistrup
    SubZeroNet, Copenhagen, Denmark

    Klaus Alexander Seistrup, May 3, 2006

  3. I just started using them Monday. They had my area code. Wonder if it will
    stay free...

    Jonathan Roberts, May 4, 2006
  4. Alf

    Ben Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in

    > I just started using them Monday. They had my area code. Wonder if
    > it will stay free...
    >
    > "Alf" <> wrote in message
    >> There is a post on Voxilla today that vociestick.com is offering USA
    >> DID's to almost every area code.
    >>
    >> I just signed up. I loved my Stanaphone but no one here in Nevada
    >> wanted

    >> call a NY #.
    >>
    >> I now have free incoming calls to my local Nevada area.
    >>
    >> They also have a unlimited $25 a month GLOBAL plan. Matbe I will
    >> switch. Should call my brother in Germany more often.
    >>
    >> Anyone else using this company?

    I called in and they said it will remain free. I guess they earn
    termination income so it is not a loss item.

    Ben, May 4, 2006
  5. Klaus Alexander Seistrup wrote:

    > Voicestick doesn't run on Linux. Is there any way of hooking up a
    > general SIP device to Voicestick's servers? Or IAX2?

    I tried. Outbound calls are also working from a normal "hardware" IP
    telephone. Inbound calls are wether working on the hardware device, nor
    with VoiceStick's softphone. The SIP log of my hardware phone shows that
    when attempting to make an inbound call, no SIP requests are coming
    until Voicestick decides to cancel the call setup attempt, in which case
    a CANCEL request is received, which is rejected by the phone, as it
    doesn't know any matching INVITE request. Tracing the network traffic to
    the softphone shows that there is a different problem. Voicestick is
    properly sending an INVITE request, but it is completely ignored by the
    softphone application.

    Tor

    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo, May 4, 2006
  6. Alf

    ken sims Guest

    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Wrote:
    > Klaus Alexander Seistrup wrote:
    >
    > Voicestick doesn't run on Linux. Is there any way of hooking up a
    > general SIP device to Voicestick's servers? Or IAX2?
    >
    > I tried. Outbound calls are also working from a normal "hardware" IP
    > telephone. Inbound calls are wether working on the hardware device
    > nor
    > with VoiceStick's softphone. The SIP log of my hardware phone show
    > that
    > when attempting to make an inbound call, no SIP requests are coming
    > until Voicestick decides to cancel the call setup attempt, in whic
    > case
    > a CANCEL request is received, which is rejected by the phone, as it
    > doesn't know any matching INVITE request. Tracing the network traffi
    > the softphone shows that there is a different problem. Voicestick is
    > properly sending an INVITE request, but it is completely ignored b
    > the
    > softphone application.
    >
    > Tor

    My son was playing around with the Xten softphone for Mac. It worke
    well with VoiceStick, anyone try it with Linux

    --
    ken sims

    ken sims, Aug 29, 2006