    that are beyond email help. Thank you for your patronage.

    www.myhelpdesk.org
    Free Computer Help by email

    myhelpdesk.org, Apr 20, 2004

  2. myhelpdesk.org

    gangle Guest

    Idiot.

    "myhelpdesk.org" wrote
    > Hello,
    > I have started a new website, www.Iananidiot.dork. If you have a
    > computer problem, concern, question or need help with hardware or
    > software, please visit my website............

    <remaining spam snipped>

    gangle, Apr 20, 2004

  3. myhelpdesk.org

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel myhelpdesk.org
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > Free Computer Help by email

    I don't get this at all.

    This guy advertises a free service in a newsgroup offering exactly the same
    free service but with probably a better response time, with more than one
    head to ask, and with (hopefully) more comprehensive results.

    I'm going to Old Trafford at the weekend to offer tickets to my new OneMan
    Football Show - none of this 22 men running around - what's the point when
    you can watch one instead ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 20, 2004
  4. slumpy wrote:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel myhelpdesk.org
    > decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >

    >>Free Computer Help by email

    > I don't get this at all.
    >
    > This guy advertises a free service in a newsgroup offering exactly the same
    > free service but with probably a better response time, with more than one
    > head to ask, and with (hopefully) more comprehensive results.

    Gives a freebie in the expectation of maybe selling some of his
    chargeable services as well. Spam is spam even when in a sandwich.

    > I'm going to Old Trafford at the weekend to offer tickets to my new OneMan
    > Football Show - none of this 22 men running around - what's the point when
    > you can watch one instead ?

    Might work, but cricket would be more fun. What if your player lost
    the toss and had to bat first..

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 20, 2004
  5. myhelpdesk.org

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Palindrâ~»me
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    >> I don't get this at all.
    >>
    >> This guy advertises a free service in a newsgroup offering exactly
    >> the same free service but with probably a better response time, with
    >> more than one head to ask, and with (hopefully) more comprehensive
    >> results.

    > Gives a freebie in the expectation of maybe selling some of his
    > chargeable services as well. Spam is spam even when in a sandwich.
    >>
    >> I'm going to Old Trafford at the weekend to offer tickets to my new
    >> OneMan Football Show - none of this 22 men running around - what's
    >> the point when you can watch one instead ?

    > Might work, but cricket would be more fun. What if your player lost
    > the toss and had to bat first..

    Not so bad as table tennis - now that is exhausting.

    Trouble is the betting seems to always go with the favourite.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 20, 2004
  6. myhelpdesk.org

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Palindr☻me posted ...

    > Might work, but cricket would be more fun. What if your player lost
    > the toss and had to bat first..

    With only one man, the toss would never be lost ... ;)

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Apr 20, 2004
  7. myhelpdesk.org

    trout Guest

    myhelpdesk.org wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I have started a new website, www.mylittlehelpdesk.arrrrg .

    Excellent! I really value my free time; so I'd like help in
    convincing people that I'm an incompetent, spamming boob.
    --
    "Seems you're just the man for the job."

    trout, Apr 20, 2004
  8. "gangle" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Idiot.
    >
    > "myhelpdesk.org" wrote
    > > Hello,
    > > I have started a new website, www.Iananidiot.dork. If you have a
    > > computer problem, concern, question or need help with hardware or
    > > software, please visit my website............

    > <remaining spam snipped>

    I am sincerely trying to help. I am not trying to sell any services.
    That sentence was a mistake. I am not trying to spam anyone. I am only
    trying to help people. With this post I was trying to help those
    people who go to a group and feel lost due to the volumous info in a
    thread. I try to search these groups and several other search engines
    and support sites to find the best answer I can, just like I do when I
    post replies to a thread. Many other times I have posted specific
    replies to specific questions within a thread. I also notice that it
    takes several hours to see some replies to the post so I thought I
    could help directly if they could not find what they were looking for.
    I never meant to offend any of you. I am not trying to spam or harvest
    email or sell services. I apologize for this particular post and will
    not do it again. Please forgive the error in judgement.

    myhelpdesk.org, Apr 21, 2004
  9. myhelpdesk.org wrote:
    > "gangle" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>Idiot.
    >>
    >>"myhelpdesk.org" wrote
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>> I have started a new website, www.Iananidiot.dork. If you have a
    >>>computer problem, concern, question or need help with hardware or
    >>>software, please visit my website............

    >> <remaining spam snipped>

    > I am sincerely trying to help. I am not trying to sell any services.
    > That sentence was a mistake. I am not trying to spam anyone. I am only
    > trying to help people. With this post I was trying to help those
    > people who go to a group and feel lost due to the volumous info in a
    > thread. I try to search these groups and several other search engines
    > and support sites to find the best answer I can, just like I do when I
    > post replies to a thread. Many other times I have posted specific
    > replies to specific questions within a thread. I also notice that it
    > takes several hours to see some replies to the post so I thought I
    > could help directly if they could not find what they were looking for.
    > I never meant to offend any of you. I am not trying to spam or harvest
    > email or sell services. I apologize for this particular post and will
    > not do it again. Please forgive the error in judgement.

    FWIW, I thought that you were just being niaive, as nature abhors a
    free lunch. You could maybe have got away with having your web site in
    the sig in helpful replies you had written to people's problems. What
    your posting said was not only here is a spam ad but also, "I am much
    too busy to sit around reading the crap in the newsgroup, so email me
    and save me the effort". I think that you will be made very welcome
    here if you can provide sensible solutions to problems - if not, then
    you had better have a very, very thick skin.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 21, 2004
  10. myhelpdesk.org spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>
    > I am sincerely trying to help.

    Honestly, I believe this, but you have come across as a spammer.

    > I am not trying to sell any services.
    > That sentence was a mistake. I am not trying to spam anyone.

    But you did, according to Google Groups, and these people:

    http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?queryinput=12.3.145.181

    ...not to mention Network Solution's rules about advertising sites they
    register, or your webhost...you did spam.

    (Don't worry. I didn't report it this time...)

    > I am only
    > trying to help people. With this post I was trying to help those
    > people who go to a group and feel lost due to the volumous info in a
    > thread. I try to search these groups and several other search engines
    > and support sites to find the best answer I can, just like I do when I
    > post replies to a thread. Many other times I have posted specific
    > replies to specific questions within a thread. I also notice that it
    > takes several hours to see some replies to the post so I thought I
    > could help directly if they could not find what they were looking for.
    > I never meant to offend any of you. I am not trying to spam or harvest
    > email or sell services. I apologize for this particular post and will
    > not do it again. Please forgive the error in judgement.

    Good. I then consider the matter closed. :)

    What you could do is put it in as a sig or something. People are inherently
    curious...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Apr 21, 2004
  11. myhelpdesk.org

    Plato Guest

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= wrote:

    > here if you can provide sensible solutions to problems - if not, then
    > you had better have a very, very thick skin.

    Nixon had a thick skin. He used it to bomb Cambodia villages while the
    press was dealing with Watergate.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 22, 2004