    Can anyone give me a link to some suitable software whih is good, easy to
    use and free?

    Cheers.

    J, Oct 9, 2008

  2. J

    chuckcar Guest

    "J" <> wrote in
    news:dZmHk.5853$2:

    > I am new to divx and looking for some free but good, easy to use
    > software to convert dvd/vob to avi or mpeg.
    > Can anyone give me a link to some suitable software whih is good, easy
    > to use and free?

    Open source is your best bet, specifically transcode.
    Still only *nix, but the best I've seen.

    http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode

    Try this too. There's a *reason* for search engines you know:

    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?srch=104&q=shareware archive&first=21&FO
    RM=PORE

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 9, 2008

  3. J

    83LowRider Guest

    "J" wrote

    > I am new to divx and looking for some free but good, easy to use software
    > to convert dvd/vob to avi or mpeg.
    > Can anyone give me a link to some suitable software whih is good, easy to
    > use and free?

    Not sure about the free part, but there is usually quite a learning curve
    with ripping software. The easiest to use would be Auto GK (gordian knot)
    or Magic DVD ripper.
    83LowRider, Oct 9, 2008
  4. On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:40:34 +0100, J wrote:

    > I am new to divx and looking for some free but good, easy to use software to
    > convert dvd/vob to avi or mpeg.
    > Can anyone give me a link to some suitable software whih is good, easy to
    > use and free?
    >
    > Cheers.

    VSO DivxToDVD 0.5.2b (last freeware version)

    VSO DivXtoDVD is an easy-to-use freeware tool that allows converting any
    video file format (not just DivX) to a DVD-Video -compliant.

    Program also supports converting audio files into 2-channel AC3 format,
    supports NTSC and PAL formats and also 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios.

    Program's encoding engine is pretty fast and produces good-quality results
    (of course it can't be compared to multipass encoding with CCE, but the
    easiness and the speed of the software makes it up), considering that the
    source material is typically already heavily compressed with lossy encoding
    methods.

    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror_id=0&version_id=1531&software_id=637

    -Art- (not Art)
    -Art- (not Art), Oct 9, 2008